cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP - Sales and Demand Forecast values in the Planning book were increased.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DP Experts,

The Sales and Demand Forecast values in the Planning book were increased. Is there a way to tract who user could have made the changes? Can we view the last change like in the document flows?

Thanks,

Glason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glason,

Normally the sales figures are uploaded from an infocube to DP PA.

Please check if the job of loading was run twice and the variant settings( add data or overwrite data).

Secondly if forecasting job was again run after the sales figures were increased, then forecasts will increase.

Please check the process chains or background jobs if any related to sales history loading to PA and forecasting jobs.

Regards

Datta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you experts. Your insights have helped me better understand my issue.

Regards,

Glason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glason,

A few points:

-> Data chnaged in the planning book by users can not be tracked

-> I guess, right now it should be more importabnt for you to retrieve the old data rather than tracking the user (if it was a user)

-> refre to what Datta said, It could be due to afaulty cube load or a forecast run. Check the forecast versions and see when was it last run. Check for relevant background jobs. Compare the sales cube with your PA sales

Recommendations for future:

-> Please, always as a best practice regularly backup your data

-. You can backup using an infocube

-> If data volume is not evry high try creating verions. Backup version are a very useful tool , for comaprison, retrieval as well as simulation.

Hope this helps

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Glason

if the values have been changed by the user community, I am not sure if there is a way to find out. However if there is technical flaw in data processing, you can check for the steps as posted in the above post.

We faced a similar issue in our project. We were not able to trace the user ids under which the values were changed. However since we retain the 15 days of back up, we were able to check that the values were changed on a certain date but not the user ids. but we were still able to restore the original values.

As an additional step, we also developed macros to store (in the form of alerts) the exisitng value and the updated value incase the there was a manual change in the Sales forecast and other editable key figures. This ensured that there was a check if there was a manul change. we also ensured that these macros were not executed during the background jobs.

SAP also provides a standard SAP APO Change Monitor add-on which can be used to track chnages to the key figures. Please refer to note 1308968 for further information on the add on.

let me know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep