cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDJ Perspective

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWDS has been installed on my laptop with no CE/NetWeaver App Server since my laptop can't support it. When I launched, I'm not see WDJ perspective as one of available perspectives.

Do I have to have access to NW App Server to download this WDJ perspective?

If yes, can someone post a steps on how to configure this and load WDJ perspective into NWDS IDE?

Thanks for your help,

-Sree.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

I'm also faced this problem before, for this In NWDS

Help->software updates->find and instrall->Secelt the seaarch for new features to instrall->select the update feature then finish.

All the features will instrall then close the the IDE then open after all the new features will avilable in the Window->Open prospective others in this select the WDJ prospective.

I hope this helps for You.

Regards,

Polaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sreedhar,

The NWDS IDE can be downloaded from the "http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads" section on this site.

From the Downloads main page, select the appropriate NetWeaver release from under Software and follow the instructions that appear.

If you want to see the WDJ Perspective in the NWDS. then once open the NWDS - Go to >> Windows >> Show Perspective >> Click on "Web Dynpro " in NWDS, it will open the Web Dynpro Perspective

Hope it will helps

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shreedhar,

Can you please let us know the configuration of your laptop specially the OS matters a lot NWDS is still not supported in OS- 7

But if you have the os-7 you can run it in compatibility mode and WDJ perspective will be available thats the same case with me also.

Regards

Jeetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Choudary -

It's Windows 7 - 32 bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shreedhar,

The OS -7 32 bit is perfectly fine just make sure its ultimate version because other versions are not having the compatibility mode at-least i am not sure if it is.

So if you have ultimate then just right click on the icon of NWDS and go to compatibility tab and select run in compatibility mode for XP and life is good it will work like charm. now you can have development component and from that you can select WDJ app and perspective will be opened automatically.

Let us know if you face any other issue.

Regards

Jeetendra

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sreedhar,

If you want to see the WDJ Perspective in the NWDS. then once open the NWDS - Go to >> Windows >> Show Perspective >> Click on "Web Dynpro " in NWDS, it will open the Web Dynpro Perspective.

Please let us know if this you are looking for. if you don't have access/installed SAP As Java server then you cann't deploy from NWDS. if you want install the server, then you refer to trial DOWNLOAD section in SDN

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Thanks for your quick reply. When I go to "Show Perspective", it's not listed as one of the available perspectives. That's my issues is. My NWDS version is CE 7.1 SP 09.

Since my laptop's OS is Windows 7 and the trial app server is not compatible, I installed only NWDS on laptop and planning to install the NW CE 7.1 on a different box which is running on WinXP Sp3.

Thanks,

-Sree.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

Have you followed the installation guide for NWDS and extracted the NWDS_platform.zip during installation of NWDS.

Please have a look at installation for NWDS CE7.11 : [Install & Configure SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b057d7e3-b89e-2b10-1e9e-c426e967f8e1]

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun