cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button-Text FileUpload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we run into problems with the UI-Button for uploading Files from client system, using element FileUpload. It appears that we can not rename it and it always prompts with the german expression ("Durchsuchen".

Any hints on this topic?

Thanks,

Magnus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Magnus,

No way to change this.

WD HTML Client completely deleagtes file uploading to HTML control <INPUT type="file">, and majority of browser uses client OS / Browser local language for for browse button's title. For example, my Russian Internet Explorer and Firefox both displays text in russian here (that could be transliterated as "Obzor"

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

thanks for answering, i checked now with a desktop from our client, where it works perfectly. Unfortunatly it did not help to change the language in IE to english.

Magnus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Magnus,

I mean not IE preferences (prefered language), that affects content of HTML pages if server support this.

Instead, I'm talking about language of software itself, like OS or browser. Try to download FireFox English version, and youll see that button title will be "Browse", try to download Chineese one and I bet you'll be unable to read title

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

exactly that is the point, you need to have the correct language-version installed, even changing the Windows Environment parameters does not help. After checking with another client (where english software is installed) all buttons worked as intended

Magnus