cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File sender adapter:FILE to IDOC without BPM, can't see in SXMB_MONI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a FILE - XI - IDOC Async scenario without BPM.

I configured FILE sender adapter and IDOC receiver adapter. I made a mapping to transfer file data to the structure of IDOC.

Now when i am trying to load the file using command prompt, i cud see nothing in the monitoring. Whereas if i go to the communication channel monitoring of runtime workbench, i saw that CC is polling correctly and was reading the file also.

And also wen i saw in the processed folder which i mentioned in the CC configuration for the ARCHIVE DIRECTORY, i saw that file got transferred to the folder also.

I don't understand why i cant see anything in the monitoring.

Could anybody help me to rectify the problem. Is there anything i m missing ?

Regards

Naina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u enabled the logging and tracing paramteres in the integration engine ...

Check for those paramters..for this go to SXMB_ADM->Integration engine configuration->specific configuration->runtime

and set the values ...

after this rerun the scenario and you should see the message in moni...

Message flow is like below...

1. sender adapter(file in ur case) will pick the file and go through the adapter framework(contains Module processor and Messaging system) and sends the request to Integration engine.

2. Integration engine executes the pipeline steps (like receiver determination,interface determination, message splitting, and call adapter services...)

3. The data will sent to the receiver adapter if the adapter resides on the java stack..and the cycle repeats as said above in step1...

Note : data will not come to step 3 for idoc and http adapters as they are part of the ABAP stack itself..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please login into ABAP STACK of XI.

TCode:: SXMB_ADM->Integration engine configuration->specific configuration->runtime

Trace_Level = 3 then you can get all MONI PIPELINE Steps also

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh/Amar

TCode:: SXMB_ADM->Integration engine configuration->specific configuration->runtime

Trace_Level = 3 then you can get all MONI PIPELINE Steps also

I did this change but cudn't see anything in SXMB_MONI.

This is how i have configured my process:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/FiletoMultipleIDOCSplittingwithoutBPM

But instead of IDOC splitting i have simple FILE - XI -IDOC scenario.

I have configured everything exaclty the same way it is mentioned here. But for me the process is not visible at all.

I can't even see the first request message in the monitoring.

This is the message i can see in the communication channel monitoring:

2010-05-24 09:07:41 Success Channel CC_*: Entire file content converted to XML format

2010-05-24 09:07:41 Warning Channel CC_*: Empty document found. Proceed without sending message

2010-05-24 09:07:41 Success File "/xyz/ABC.txt" archived after processing

Is there any problem with the file and that could be the reason it cant convert the file to the request message MT_REQUEST and thus am not able to see anything in monitoring.

help me guys....this is a simple process and i m stuck...its frustrating

Regards

Naina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not able to view in ABAP stack, try to check in XI runtime monitoring by selecting message monitoring-integration engine and see what happens.

Also, check your message content in the communication channel and see whether the xml content is visible or not.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

once check thi file content,it is accoding to conversion formate which u used in sender dapter.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks u everyone....i have contributed the points !!

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so if the message is uploaded form sender than perhaps check message system:

http://<PI server>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

or perhaps inbound queue on pi smq2

BR

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there !!

The problem is with the file....i replaced the file and it showed me something in the monitoring SXMB_MONI. I am now correcting the file.

Will give you the updates after that

Thnks

Naina

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok ,

congratulate.

pls contribute points

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ideally to troubleshoot this you should be doing the following;

1. Check the communication channel log for the file adapter. That will tell you what happened to the file.

2. then go to RWB -> Message monitoring -> Adapter engine and check for the message

Let us know what you find here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using advance adapter Engine? if so you will not see the message in sxmb_moni.

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also

Please tell me how the whole scenario works for the FILE sender adapter...like how the business system calls the Adapter then maps incoming request to the Inbound proxy or IDOC .

I am lagging somewhere definitely...and thats why nothing is happening in my scenario....

plz help !!

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
FILE to IDOC....like how the business system calls the Adapter then maps incoming request to the Inbound proxy or IDOC .

Why a Business System? we use a Business Service.....and Business Service does not call the Adapter....the Sender channle keeps polling the Source FILE Folder and when the file is available it picks it up and transfers it to IE for further processing (like mapping and routing).

Have you placed the proper file in proper folder? Is the FILE Folder accessible to the XI/ PI server?

Regards,

Abhishek.