cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Replication Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in SRM 7.0 classic scenario.We are facing an issue in Vendor replication as described below:-

We have connected a new backend R/3 system to the SRM system i.e now the SRM system is connected to 2 backend R/3 system.

We replicated the vendor from the new backend R/3 system as shown below

1.Transaction BBPGETVD to bring the vendors from the new backend R/3 system into SRM system

2.Transaction BBPUPDVD to update the vendor from the new backend R/3 system.

There were around 25000 vendors linked to the Required Purchasing org in the the new backend R/3 system, but out of these only 2 could be replicated.

We verified the Vendor Replication as described below

1) SE16-Table VENMAP(logsys-new backend R/3 system)

2) SE16-BBPM_BUT_FRG0061(To confirm the Org ID of the Porg for which these vendors are extended)

We can see that the vendor are from the New backend R/3 system and extended for the required Porg.

However, when we try to search for these vendors in the SRM portal, we are unable to find it.

Can you all experts, plz let us know

1. Why only 2 vendors were successfully replicated from the new backend R/3 system?We checked the vendors status using LFM1 & LFB1 and could see many more vendor could had been replicated.

2.Why we were unable to search for the vendors in portal inspite of the fact the we can see the vendor in VENMAP and also in the BBPM_BUT_FRG0061(we have ensured that we are putting the correct Porg ID in the search for eg. 0 5*******) and also we can search the vendor from the old R/3 system?

We would like to also mention that we have same vendors with different vendor numbers in different backend R/3 system.

Any pointers to resolve this issue will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

RKS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RKS

It seems an external number assignment has been used during vendor replication, in this case,

Please check the following customizing, to make sure the number range which you have defined, should

include the new vendors which is trying to replicate from backend.

(tr:SPRO)

Cross-application components

SAP Business Partner

Business Partner

Basic Settings

Number Ranges and Groupings

>Define Number Ranges

>Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges

Regards

Lauren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Thank you for providing the solution.

The issue was with the Number Range ,we maintained the number range and the issue was resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

RKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RKS

I 'm monitoring the threads which posted by me.

So glad to know the solution proposed helped you to solve the problem.

Regards

Lauren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I forgot to mention that ,i'm getting following warning message:-

Warning:

If you use external number assignment,you will lose data records

Number of supplier lost 23.333

The following allocation results from the transfer.

Total number of suppliers: 23.335

Adoption of R/3 description 23.333

Can you all experts plz explain what is "external number assignment" and also we are using option transfer only R/3 number

but still why 23.333 verdors are lost

Thank you in advance for suggestions,

Thaks & Regards,

RKS