cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snotes issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I want to update the mentioned note (868681) through Snote . we have internet problem on that server (Download SAP note is not possible ) . Is there any other method to apply snote ....

Kindly suggest .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mohammed_anish
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are not able to download the note from the transaction SNOTE, you can download the note from service marketplace by logging in from your PC which has internet connection. (Open the Note and click Download correction) and save it to your PC. Then login to the SAP and in transaction SNOTE, there is an option to upload SAP note in the menu item 'goto'. It will allow you to browse the note from your PC and upload it.

Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

I have downlaoded the Correction patch from service.sap.com and also I have uncar the correction patch file . I have tried to upload through Snote , i got the below error.

Data file of SAP Note incomplete.

Message no. SCWN017

Diagnosis

The data that you want to disassemble is incomplete.

System Response

The action terminates.

Procedure

1. Download the data again.

2. Try to disassemble or upload the data again.

Kindly suggest .

mohammed_anish
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh....

I would like to make a correction here...change from what i've told earlier.

Verify the version of SAPBASIS /ABA as mentioned in thte note before you do the following ....

When you uncar the .SAR files you got two files, one that starts with K and the other with R. Correct me if i'm wrong...

Copy the file K* to /usr/sap/trans/cofiles and R* to /usr/sap/trans/data/

Change the owner and group of the file to sidadm and sapsys respectively.

Then login to stms in your system.

Double click on ur Dev queue.

From menu option "Extras" --> "Other Request" --> Add...you will get a popup to enter the transport request...

There you can enter Y6BK068672. (Assuming u got the file K06872.Y6B when u uncar the .SAR file)

The transpport request will be added to you queue. Then select ans import it.

Regards

Anish

Edited by: Mohammed Anish on May 25, 2010 11:58 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not all notes contain source code corrections that are applicable using the transaction SNOTE. Usually this is written in the note itself

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wierd ! Well as the SAPnotes says ....

Solution

This note contains 2 attachments (ORAREL4XX.SAR and ORAREL6XX.SAR). These transports contain a correction to the function which returns the correct version of the Oracle Database 10g. These transports can also be applied before the database has been upgraded to Oracle Database 10g.

In case the Basis Support Package level of your system is equal to or higher than as mentioned in the list below you do not need these transports.

Check the level of your Basis support package using this table:

SAP Release (SAP_BASIS) Basis Support Package Level

46C SAPKB46C48

46D SAPKB46D38

6.10 SAPKB61041

6.20 SAPKB62044

6.40 SAPKB64009

The above mentioned Support Package levels are the minimum levels required for the release check function to work correctly.

You can download the required attachment by right click and uncar them with the help of SAPCAR.. check if there is a transport inside if yes.. Add to buffer and import it to your Dev first and move to A and PRD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply .

Pls advise which path I have to uncar and could u provide how to add to buffer and import .

Kindly advise .

former_member220071
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is clearly mentioned in the note

>In case the Basis Support Package level of your system is equal to or higher than as mentioned in the list below you do not need these transports.

Please check SAP_BASIS level in your system first.

Regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Satheesh,

Put the files in /usr/sap/trans and uncar it. It will automatically go to data and cofiles folder.

regards,

anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

First check your SP level in your System, as suggested by the note itself...

SAP Release (SAP_BASIS) Basis Support Package Level

46C SAPKB46C48

46D SAPKB46D38

6.10 SAPKB61041

6.20 SAPKB62044

6.40 SAPKB64009

If you find you are at the same or above level of SAP Basis Support Packs this correction is already in your system and you need to look for other solution.

Command to add to import:

tp addtobuffer <TR_Request> SAPSID Client=XXX pf= usr/sap/trans/<your transport_profile>

To Import the Transport

tp import <TR_Request> SAPSID Client=XXX pf= usr/sap/trans/<your transport_profile>

Hope it will clear your doubts.. Did you uncar the file ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prateek_y

I got the below error when i import the request .

D:\>tp addtobuffer K068672.Y6B SUJ Client=*** pf= D:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN

_SUJ.PFL

This is tp version 320.59.05 (release 620)

E- could not be opened.

EXIT

Error in : transdir not set.

tp returncode summary:

TOOLS: Highest return code of single steps was: 0

ERRORS: Highest tp internal error was: 0208

tp finished with return code: 208

meaning:

error in transportprofil (param missing, unknown,...)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

Try the transport from SAP level. Once you have uncar ed the transport file, from STMS go to target system... and then go to extras--> other request --> give the transport name --> select required options and do the transport.

regards,

Anup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

Sorry for late replying... Well if you are in basis you must be aware of that whenever there is a transport request, its always split into 2 files the moment you release it (this is called the export phase) The transport is divided into K and R as in your expamle and they sit at filesystem @ usr/sap/trans/COFILES (K) and usr/sap/trans/DATA(R).

So the moment you uncar the attachment you have got 2 files. Now As Anish have already mentioned you need to do in the same way ... But its very imp. to check the SP level of your system as per the SAPnote is asking for.

The correct way to add it from OS is

Pls note whenever you release a transport e.g. <SID>K900010 will be divided into : K900010.<SID> & R900010.<SID>

tp addtobuffer <SID>K900010 SUJ Client=XXX pf = D:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_SUJ.PFL

tp import <SID>K900010 SUJ Client=XXX pf = D:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_SUJ.PFL

Also, pls note that you transport any DDIC/repository changes it can go to any client (Client Independent) and customizing changes needs a client or in some cases it has to goto specific client. for better grip over this you need to read ADM325 Software Logistics

SID is System Identifer and it can be anything DEV, QAS, PRD...

All the best !!