0 Kudos

HELLO FRIENDS,

I HAVE A SMALL QUERY ,HOW TO LOAD DATA FROM PA TO CUBE

1.CREATE DATA SOURCE IN PLANNING AREA SECEEN

2.CREATE INFO PACKAGE

3.CREATE INFO CUBE

4. CREATE TRANSFORMATION

5. DPT DATA TRANSFORMATION PROCESS

THESE STEPS I HAVE CREATED BUT IAM NOT ABLE TO GET THE DATA TO CUBE FOR BACK UP PURPOSE. I AM WRONG PL CORRECT ME ,GIVE ME UR SUGGSIONS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sivaram,

Something I found in a BI thread:

1. The data flow is from BW to APO, and from APO to BW.

from bw to apo, to feed planning area, characteristic value combination, in APO we have infocube to feed the data, as we know APO has BW inside (all the tcodes RSA1 etc are valid), datamart scenario is used here, we create infocube in APO, update rules, infosource and assign datasource from BW.

The data flow from APO to BW, to get the plan data inputted by user, we generate datasource in APO from planning area (compare with 'generate export datasource' from infocube), transaction /SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR. 'extractor technology' here in practice is just like when we are using datasource

take a look

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/c9/199170f13711d4b2f20050da385632/frameset.htm

2. as mentioned in #1, you can use the transaction /SAPAPO//SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR to handle planning area-datasources in APO, or /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN - planning area; choose your planning area, and menu extractor tools (or generate datasources), again datamart scenario is used here, after the datasource generated in APO, it's replicated in BW (APO act as source system), the rest steps are just same as when extract data from other SAP source system

simply what you need to practice is /SAPAPO/SDP_EXTR to 'generate export datasource',

Check

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

FOLLOWING IS A VERY USEFUL LINK:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/e0/9088392b385f6be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

I believe you need to REPLICATE your data sources after generating them. Have you dione that?

Hope this helps,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sivaram,

I think you have got all of this right. I assume you triggered the infopackage and it got completed, but you dont see the data in the cube.

Pls chk if the data is stored in the PSA. PSA is persistent staging area and is an intermediate area between the Datasource and Cube.

To check this, double click on the datasource in RSA1 txn and look for the 'PSA' button on the top (it is a stacked disks icon). If you find requests inside PSA, then you can manually schedule a load from that txn or trigger a DTP to load data from PSA to Cube.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

former_member224276
Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

I AM NEW TO SCM5.0

MY QUERY IS

In SCM 5.0 HOW CAN WE TAKE THE PLANNING AREA BACK UP?

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the transaction /sapapo/sdp_extr -> Data Backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell us what error you are getting?