Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Folder Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all,

I would require some input from the BI security experts the issue i am facing with the BI. I have created the few folder roles and assigned necessary authorization like s_user_agr and provided the folder in role check field. Now the issue is the BI team is not able to view the folder role. they have to save some workbooks in the folder role.

I am able to create the folder role and i can view them through Bex Analyzer one at a time. i am not able view all the folders through the Bex Analyzer even though they have been assigned. i have tried different means to solve this issue.

Can anyone please advice where i am missing in analyzing the defect.

your inputs are highly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Seems all authorizations are perfectly in place. Can you request your users to click on "Open workbooks" in place of "Open Queriy..." in BEX and advise if the users can view the folders in the roles tab and corresponding workbooks published in the role.

Thanks.

Anjan

22 REPLIES 22

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BI Security, you need to have an empty role ( menu role ) with no TCODES or no authorizations in it . It will just have queries or workbooks assigned to it. This role name needs to be provided in another role through authorization object S_USER_AGR .

Both these roles have to be assigned to the user to make him view the folder in BeX and assign queries to it.

You can also assign queries to the menu role using " Add Report " button in the Menu . Select BW report and give the UID of the workbook/query that needs to be assigned. You can see the queries assigned in the menu then.

Regards,

Manisha

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

In addition to above I would like to add that you also need to provide access to S_RS_FOLD object. This will will enble Role folder in Bex Analyzer

Cheers,

Arpan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

If the roles do not have any Queries or Web Reports saved in them, they will not be visible.

First the Developers need to save/assign/publish Queries into the folder roles & then they appear in the Roles button

0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

You can't publesh queries to the roles through RRMX unless and untill they are visible there. So the roles visibility has nothing to do with publishing queries to them as roles will appear just like empty folders when they dont have any queries assigned to them in RRMX.

Regards,

Manisha

0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

You can publish queries to the Roles through Query Designer. When the Developers try to publish them into the Role, they will see various roles assigned to them. However, they can save them only to the Role that they have been authorized to save in (I mean the Folder role)

0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Queries can be published to any role , its just that the role should be assigned to the user. In RRMX, all roles assigned to the user are visible be it empty role or roles with queries assigned to them.

Regards,

Manisha

Edited by: Manisha Nadir on May 24, 2010 5:05 PM

0 Kudos

Hey Sid,

You are absolutely right, and my issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still not able to view all the folder roles, eventhough the queries are published

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are all the corresponding roles with S_USER_AGR authorizations for the folder roles assigned?

Regards,

Manisha

0 Kudos

Yes all the roles have S_USR_AGR object with necessary authorization and assigned to users. Queries/workbooks are saved in the folders, but when we try to open these, we are not able to view the folders. We are able to view any one folder at a time.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly clarify. This time you don't want to publish any queries to the roles through RRMX but if tryng to "Open Query" in RRMX, you are not able to see the folder roles in the " Roles " Section. Is this right?

Regards,

Manisha

Edited by: Manisha Nadir on May 25, 2010 7:16 PM

0 Kudos

Yes

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done UserMaster Comparison ? Secondly , what do you mean by one folder at a time?

Regards,

Manisha

0 Kudos

let me explain in detail. i have created 10 roles. each role has s_user_agr. i have provided the role name itself in the AGR object.

for example in " ROLE1" -

S_USER_AGR----role name ("ROLE1") and RRMX in S_TCODE.

like this i have created 10 roles, done comparison. the BW consultants are able to save their queries/workbooks in these 10 roles by publishing. Now the issue is when they are trying to open the queries/workbooks throught Bex Analyzer these 10 roles are not visible under "Roles" button.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the actvities you have provided in S_USER_AGR Auth Object and also check if queries are correctly published by seeing if the menu buttone is " green" in pfcg for all these roles.

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Seems all authorizations are perfectly in place. Can you request your users to click on "Open workbooks" in place of "Open Queriy..." in BEX and advise if the users can view the folders in the roles tab and corresponding workbooks published in the role.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

I am able to view the workbooks under the role tab, whereas BI consultants are not able to view them. I have assigned the role, done user comparison also, still they are not able to view them. can you please let me know what could be the reason.

Thanks

JMadhu

0 Kudos

> I am able to view the workbooks under the role tab, whereas BI consultants are not able to view them. I have assigned the role, done user comparison also, still they are not able to view them. can you please let me know what could be the reason.

Hi Madhu

Please check whether the users have access to following basic authrization objects or not.

S_TCODE

TCD RRMX

S_USER_AGR

ACTVT 03

ACT_GROUP Name of the role containing the workbooks

S_USER_TCD

TCD RRMX

S_RS_AUTH(For analysis authrizations), S_RS_COMP, S_RS_COMP1.

If everything is fine, please do a net meeting with the users to check what users are doing at their end. Probabely they are missing at some point. A minor miss could be the cause of the issue.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

Thanks Anjan & Manish,

All the objects are in place. i have cross checked with the team, they are not properly publishing to the role.

Now they are able to view them.

Thanks

JMadhu

0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Just check settings of your table SSM_CUST.

It should have following entries:

CONDENSE_MENU=YES

DELETE_DOUBLE_TCODES=NO

If the above is not present, please maintain & test it

You may refer the following link

Regards

Edited by: Siddhartha Varma on Jun 7, 2010 12:22 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the table SSM_CUST for the entries CONDENSE_MENU=YES, DELETE_DOUBLE_TCODES=NO

Try to maintain these values & retest

0 Kudos

Thanks Sid, your solution was very helpful. Earlier solution provided by other community members was also helpful, however the current solution seems to be a permanent one.

Regards

Madhu