cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have presented a couple of papers in RFID and currently working in ABAP with a little bit of functional knowledge.

I dont know the basics of SAP-RFID. I am interested to learn the role of SAP-RFID from the scratch. kindly pour in your valuable suggestions and where to start about.

Regards

krishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan

give your emailid.will send you some documents

Thanks and regards

Pawan

Message was edited by: Pawan Khilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

krishnan384@yahoo.com... this is my personal id..

thanks for the reply..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

Refer to one of my reply to similar question

SAP RFID Solution Package

The SAP RFID solution package provides a complete auto-ID middleware solution connecting RFID data directly from auto-ID data capture sources, such as RFID readers and device controllers, and integrates the data directly into enterprise applications . It converts raw RFID data into business process information by making the associations from key business rules, master data, and transactions to raw RFID data .

SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure

Auto-ID Infrastructure is compatible with SAP R/3 4.6C or greater, and it also has adapters for SAP Warehouse Management, SAP Business Information Warehouse, SAP Supply Chain Event Management, SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization, and all SAP NetWeaver components.

Auto-ID Infrastructure is designed to synchronize EPC and RFID information into your ERP systems by providing a complete, multidimensional data model of RFID-enabled assets, including:

1.EPC number

2.Asset location

3.Status

4.Last RFID read point

5.Handling unit number

6.Packing hierarchy association (such as item, item-to-case, or case-to-pallet)

It then maps this data to your SAP R/3 system via association to handling units (HUs). Handling unit headers include a standards-based HU number, weight, volume, and dimensions. HU content includes material number, quantity, unit of measure, batch number, plant number and location, and stock category (such as consignment), as well as serial number and inspection lot data.

These HUs are then associated with EPC numbers and are integrated into the appropriate transaction for processes such as production orders, transfer orders, sales orders, delivery (ASNs) and receipt, shipment, picking and packing, and inventory move and packing operations.

Because it is built on SAP Web Application Server, Auto-ID Infrastructure supports multiple communication interfaces (HTTP, SOAP, WSDL, SOCKET/ TCPIP), as well as mobile interfaces to PocketPC 2003 and Mobile Linux (Sharp).

It runs on Windows (XP, 2000, NT), Unix, and Linux, and supports Oracle, SAP DB, DB2, and Microsoft SQL Server.This should answer your query.

I have send you the relevant document.

Any other query let me know.

Thanks & regards,

Pawan

*CLOSE THIS THREAD IF UR QUERY IS SOLVED

Message was edited by: Pawan Khilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

could you please also send me the documents on RFID? I am looking for some good documents. My mail id is

ni_ce1@rediffmail.com

Thanks in Advance,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Can I also get the document in my personal ID : nasim_jsr@hotmail.com

I have already worked on Oracle Flavor with RFID, like Oracle Sensor Edge Server...

Now taken new role for SAP RFID Integration...

Kindly help me on the same...

Thanks and regards

Mohammad Nasim Akhtar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Please send me the same RFID documentation.my mail id is sudhasapmm@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan

Could you please send me the RFID material to the following ID

Regards

edwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan

Cud you pls send me the RFID material to the following id

edwin.rajesh@capgemini.com

Regards

edwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan

Could you send me : joan.lim@globalbrandsgroup.com for the related document that mentioned in this Forum discussion as well.

Thank you.

Joan.

Edited by: Joan Lim on Apr 24, 2008 8:50 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan

Could you pls send me the RFID material to the following id: ceyhunergun@ yahoo.com

Thanks

ceyhun

Former Member
0 Kudos

please also send me the documents...

blumtain@ Yahoo.com

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please refer to some related thread in this RFID forum that were posted earlier.

regards,

Sathyanag