cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID without conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have single receiver and two interfaces under that. I don't have any condition as of now for both interfaces. I configured both interfaces in Interface Determination and didn't give any condition. Its an Idoc to File scenario.

I mean what should ideally happen when an Idoc is triggered. Shouldn't the message go to both interfaces at the same time as I am not using any condition ?

I have two message mappings. Both works well when tested at Message Mapping level. But if I copy the payload from the message mapping of first message mapping, the message is routed to the target to which its mapped but doesn't go to the second interface. Now when I copy message from second message mapping, mapping fails for first interfce and shows scheduled for outbound processing status for the second interface.

Its quite strange and I am not able to figure it out.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But if I copy the payload from the message mapping of first message mapping, the message is routed to the target to which its mapped but doesn't go to the second interface. Now when I copy message from second message mapping, mapping fails for first interfce and shows scheduled for outbound processing status for the second interface.

What do you mean by "doesn't go to second interface"? You want the output of 1st mapping to be the input of 2nd mapping?

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, its not that way !

Idoc has some fields which are mapped to both. There are certain fields exclusive to one receiver and certain fields exclusive to second receiver. There are common fields also.

I have two mappings. I want both mappings to be executed simultaneously and both interfaces should get messages as well. There is no condition to differentiate the interfaces.

When I copy the payload from second mapping into RWB,and send message both fails !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case you haveto Multi mapping.

1 source--> diff targets

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

If not multi mapping then you have to configure 2 times, as it deals as separate scenario.

1 source IDOC -- > 1st target

1 source Idoc ->2nd target

Regards

Ramg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I copy the payload from second mapping into RWB,and send message both fails !

I understand what is your requirement but I am confused with what you are trying to do !!

1. What is the error message?

2. Since the source XML is same for both mappings, have you tried testing the mappings in Test Tab of MM ? What is the result?

3. What about end-to-end test? What you get in MONI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If not multi mapping then you have to configure 2 times, as it deals as separate scenario.

1 source IDOC -- > 1st target

1 source Idoc ->2nd target

You mean two interface mappings, two message mappings like that ?

I tried that way only !

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. What is the error message?

For the firts it says mapping failed and for the second it doesn't throw any exception. But just says " scheduled for outbound processing.

2. Since the source XML is same for both mappings, have you tried testing the mappings in Test Tab of MM ? What is the result?

It works perfectly here.

3. What about end-to-end test? What you get in MONI ?

Mapping failed is the one for first and no error for seconmd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your configurations...

1. Did u configure 2 times?

Regards

Ramg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i did

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the payload in TEST configuration. you may get some hint!

Regards

Ramg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Interface determination, there is an option called "Maintain order at runtime", which is checked by default. Remove that and then try testing the interface again.

Regds,

Laawanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Laawanya

It worked. The reason was that the error message was blocking the correct message as well.

Now its reseolved

Midhun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I mean what should ideally happen when an Idoc is triggered. Shouldn't the message go to both interfaces at the same 
time as I am not using any condition ?

Refer this help section for more information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/44/591a3de1754689e10000000a11466f/content.htm

From above section:
In this case, evaluation of the interface determination results in two messages with the same payload at runtime. A different 
mapping (either M1 or M_2) is executed for each message and they are forwarded to the two interfaces (either IF_1 or IF_2) at 
the receiver. 

It means that only one payload will be generated.....it seems to be not working like Receiver Determination without Conditions

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Can you please give in detail.

What you want in the target side?

Do you have any conditions between 1st and 2nd interface? (means difference)

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There aint any condition !

Former Member
0 Kudos

To achieve this there is no need of any condition.

Regards

Ramg