cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI v7.2 Global Registry Settings for All users

troy_frackman
Explorer
0 Kudos

These three key registres are used to store some SAP settings.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

HKEY_USERS

I have 4,000 computers I need to deploy v7.2 GUI to and there can be from 1-50 different users sign on to them. We use a seperate packaging tool that does screen captures of the installation and then uses SMS to push these out. So by default, my users get SAP Signature Theme, audio, Couier font, etc.

I know all the values I want set and the registry entries lower level values by doing alot of research. I even found the OSS note 1452898 that states COLUMNWIDTH1 was excluded from a registry entry and to use HKLM to set it. I do but each user that signs onto the computer still can not adjust the column1 and make it stay. I get into their registry and sure enough, COLUMNWIDTH1 is still missing? So I created another .reg file and added HKEY_CURRENT_USER / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and was unsure where is HKEY_USERS to place it. I know there is a S-1-5-21-2XX??? that I thought was unique to each user on the computer. Still not holding. So the main question is how/where do I change the registry setting that when I user signs on for the first time, it pull 'COMPANY SETTINGS', then after that, if they customize it OH well, but I have thousands of computers that can not be modified easily by running SAPLGPAD.exe it grays out some buttons.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\General\Appearance]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Customize]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Settings\Connections]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Troy, could you pass on any learnings about this, please? Just for the greater good

We too have got to deploy a large number of 7.20 GUIs and it seems not to be easy to deliver these with standard saplogon.ini screen layout, standard fonts etc.

Could you provide any information?

Thanks, Andy