cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid looses row grouping after form data update

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a form to edit a UDO. The form contains a grid that uses the CollapseLevel property. After the form updates an existing UDO, the grid will not keep the row grouping. The expand/collapse arrow does not show and all rows in the grid are shown.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? If I navigate to the next and then previous record the row grouping is restored, but I would prefer not having to do this after every update.

Thanks,

Brandon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Brandon,

Have a look at the SAP Business One 8.8 SDK sample code for Grid and Matrices at ...

...\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Samples\COM UI\VB.NET\26. MatrixAndGridFeatures

... this may help you.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eddy,

I have gone through the sample you suggested and did not find anything that was missing in my add-on. I believe the trouble is because the form is bound to a UDO and is automanaged.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found out where my trouble was.

I was updating my grid control on the Form Data Update event. Something handling the auto managed part of the form must have been dropping the grid's collapse level after the Form Data Update event is triggered. I resolved this issue by moving my code to update the grid (and set the collapse level) from the Form Update Data event to the Update button Item Pressed (ActionSuccess) event.

-Brandon

Answers (0)