cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMBWS.Timeout in soap receiver channel not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a requirement where my soap receiver channel should time out in 20 sec from the time it had shot a webservice request.

I tried setting the module parameter XMBWS.Timeout to 20000 but it didnt work. I assume this parameter should be set for the standard module i.e. sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/XISOAPAdapterBean.

Currently my receiver channel is timing out after every 3 min and that might be because the parameter xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default in SAP NWA is set to 180000.

Any other parameter to be set so that channel takes time out duration from module parameter.

Note: we are working on PI 7.1 EHP1

Regards

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check note : Note 893713 - XI 3.0 SOAP receiver adapter with explicit timeout

are you providing the right details?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had followed the very same note which you have mentioned.

Thanks

Shailesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well for 7.1 too the note refers the same option - Note 856597 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 SOAP Adapter

but i wonder if you can decrease the time out... hints are towards increasing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even i had that question in my mind but in the note 893713 - XI 3.0 SOAP receiver adapter with

explicit timeout, the example is about reducing the timeout from 5 min to 2 min.

i doubt if this can be reduced to value lower than a minute.

Thanks

Shailesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try with the parameter and in case it doesnt work i suggest raising a customer message with SAP.

there is no other way to control that timeout for a single adapter

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> i doubt if this can be reduced to value lower than a minute.

i agree. A minute is usually the minimum value for lot many parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried changing the parameter value to 120000 (2 min) but the channel is still timing out at 3 min.

Thanks

Shailesh