Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object for table field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to list all the user who can read the field NETPR on table EKPO. With transaction SUIM I am able to get users list filtered by authorization object, but how can I find it? Is there any transactions I can use to get the auth object associated with field EKPO-NETPR?

Thanks a million

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco

You can find the authorization group for table EKPO(Auth grp for EKPO is "MA") either through transaction SE54 or table TDDAT. Field level access can be further restricted through object S_TABU_LIN. Please refer to object documentation for details regarding restricting the field access.

You can find few details in the below provided links as well.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/6d/56cdd3edabc14ebd1bc84dae20dec8/content.htm

http://www.mhn-consulting.com/s_tabu_lin.html

Thanks.

Anjan

Edited by: anjanpandey on May 24, 2010 8:05 AM

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a Ist step you need to identify the authorization group to the table. This can be achieved through SE11 or SE54.

IInd step, using this authorization group you can search by using the auth object S_TABU_DIS in SUIM

Thanks,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if you can actually check the individual field level authorization for the table EKPO but as a display/change authorization for the table as a whole, you can find out after first checking the authorization group the table is in . You can use table TDDAT to find the auth group of the table by giving EKPO in the TABNAME .

Then in SUIM, for object S_TABU_DIS , give this auth group value and you can find out the list of users having access to EKPO .

S_TABU_LIN is an object which gives authorization on row level but that too works for authorization in case of an organisation unit field in a table which NETPR is not.

Cheers,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

This is a very interesting one. There are a few ways to do this -

1. I am assuming here that you want to know how many users can access the "Net Price" data via related purchasing transactions.. eg ME21N, ME22N.

If you want to control access to the net price field in these transactions then remove ACTVT 09 (display prices) from the following objects -

M_BEST_BSA

M_BEST_EKG

M_BEST_EKO

M_BEST_WRK

2. If you access the where used list from SE11 for EKPO table (NETPR field), you can see a list of programs and function modules that call the table. You can find related transactions (again by "where used" list).. this is a very time consuming activity.

3 Check with your functional colleagues from Purchasing module to determine the exact requirements. (i.e. what transactions they refer to, or what program etc. that led to this question). We can then go on from there..

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanju

Edited by: Sanju Chacko on May 21, 2010 8:43 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for your collaboration !!

We have used the tcode SUIM and we have searched the user where there was the ACTVT 09 (display prices) from the following objects:

M_BEST_BSA

M_BEST_EKG

M_BEST_EKO

M_BEST_WRK

Marco Ferrari

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Macro,

In SPRO search if any org criteria has been created or not for field NETPR on table EKPO. If yes then only line level restriction is applicable for this table else not.

I am not sure on the exact path but below you can search

SPRO --> System Administration --> User Authorization --> Line Oriented Authorization

Cheers,

Arpan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco

You can find the authorization group for table EKPO(Auth grp for EKPO is "MA") either through transaction SE54 or table TDDAT. Field level access can be further restricted through object S_TABU_LIN. Please refer to object documentation for details regarding restricting the field access.

You can find few details in the below provided links as well.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/6d/56cdd3edabc14ebd1bc84dae20dec8/content.htm

http://www.mhn-consulting.com/s_tabu_lin.html

Thanks.

Anjan

Edited by: anjanpandey on May 24, 2010 8:05 AM

0 Kudos

I faintly suspect this question is not about direct table display and s_tabu_lin has already been mentioned.

Lets wait for the OP to return...

Cheers,

Julius