cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have requirement in credit limit. i have 2 cust in one CCA, let say cust A and B.

i want to define credit limit like this:

Cust A has credit limit $ 500, cust B has credit limit $ 500, also i want to maintain that cust A and cust B cannot exceed $ 800 (credit limit $800 for both A and B)

can we do that, and how?

ur ans will be highly appreciated

Thx

Best Regard,

Hendry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said you have only one CCA. so in standard SAP it is not possible unless you go for a development.

Also having customer C created as payer for A&B wont work because credit check always happens at payer level. It doesnt happen at Sold to party level.

Cust A - 500

Custo B - 500

and Cust C- 800 ( Payer for A&B) is possible but that will have credit limit of 800 for both A & B

It can be solved by having two different credit control areas.

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Shantanu Kunte,

we cannot use two CCA, because all transaction happen in one Company Code. as i know, one Company code cannot have more than 1 CCA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hendry_tjan,

You can very well use two different credit control areas even if you have only one company code. Only thing is you must have 2 sales areas, which i am sure you do have. In SD transactions CCA is determined via Sales area and not company code. so you can maintain sales area and CCA combinaion in the system.

I have configured Multiple CCA's (Product line wise) even if there is only one Company code. It works perfectly fine. Only thing which you need to be careful of is, while you post direct FI document you have to go to addinational data tab and put correct CCA, reason being in SAP (FI) you cannot have multiple CCA for same company code. Well you can actully assign but the system search will stop at the first hit, and thats the exact reason why we need to manually change the CCA while posting FI document directly.

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Shantanu Kunte,

Thanks for ur valuable input. i'll try

Best Regard,

Hendry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please create the join account for this both cutomer and set his credit limit 800 in FD32.

FD32 ---> Credit Limit = 800.

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Sandipsinh Shak,

can you please elaborate your suggestion?

i have create join account for both customer, with CR $800, but later we have to assign the 2 customers to that "join customer" as credit account cust. when we do that, CR $500 for every customer is not works, system only take CR $800 for that 2 customers, which is not met my requirement

thx

Best Regard,

Hendry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think there is no require to maintain the like Cust C. Because You just maintain your second customer in FD32 --> Credit Limit Data ---> Credit limit = 800 and Credit Account = Cust A Number. It will debit the account of customer A even you create the sales order of Cust B.

For Example : If you have two customer Cust A and Cust B.

Maintain in FD32 ---> Credit Limit Data ---> In Tab Credit limit = 800 and In Tab Credit Account = Cust A Number.

When you create the sales order, then enter sold to party Cust B. and system will take ship to party as Cust A. Finally account will debit from Cust A.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

the Total amount: The amount in this field specifies the overall credit limit the customer may receive in all credit control areas.

it include one credit control area

you assigin credit limit according to the risk category.That is the total amount field is assigened 800. and in the status tab the Credit limit field is assgned 500 acording to the risk category.for example ,risk category 001the Credit limit field is assgned 500 ,and risk category 002 the Credit limit field is assgned 200 . So you kan control the sales order credit limit

Hope that will help you!

Edited by: jeffrey9902 on May 29, 2010 7:51 AM

Edited by: jeffrey9902 on May 29, 2010 7:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a customer say C as Payer in the customer master data and assign it as a payen for customer A and customer B.

Now maintain the credit limit of the customer as 800 rs in credit master. So when you create a sales order for A or B system will check the credit limit for A whether it has cross the 800 or not.

You can also change the payer at item level in sales order .

Please post your feedback and output.

Hope this resolve ur issue.

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi krishna,

i think it doesn't answer my query. let say

Cust A = 500

cust B = 500

Cust C (as payer for A & B) = 800

the system responses : cust A and B cannot create order over 800, but still create order between 500-800

all i want is (by example)

cust A (has CR 500) create sales for 500 (not block), then cust B create order 500 (order block) cust B only allow to make sales for 300, as total credit limit remain is 300 (all CR 800 - Cust A order 500)

any suggestion?

Best Regard,

Hendry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The example seems to be a case wherein you want to control individual cr limit of two differnet customers in two different control areas alogwith total limit across all control areas/Company code

Am i right ?

Pls confirm ?

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Request moderators to comes into the picture and help in giving solution for this type of scenarios which is very common now a days in the business.

We are unable to get the solution for the same in the standard SAP

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

using the T_code FD32,then select the field General data and enter 800 in the field Total amount.go back.then select the field status and enter 500 in the field Credit limit

Hope that will help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear jeffrey9902,

I don't think so, total amount in general data (as you said) works for other credit control area, which is my requirement is only using one credit control area.

thx for ur input

best regard,

hendry