Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release or delete a SAP transport request that the client was deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody

How can i delete/release a SAP transport request in a cient that was deleted and dont exist any more in the environment?

We need this action to implement Support Package .

Best Regards,

Fábio Karnik Tchobnian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know whether i understand your question, but i think you are trying to ADD transport request back to the buffer which was deleted. If yes

execute STMS_IMPORT

Click on Extras ( from Top menu Bar)

Other Requests ( ADD)

and fill in the required information, hope this helps you.

Thanks,

VJ

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know whether i understand your question, but i think you are trying to ADD transport request back to the buffer which was deleted. If yes

execute STMS_IMPORT

Click on Extras ( from Top menu Bar)

Other Requests ( ADD)

and fill in the required information, hope this helps you.

Thanks,

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi

No i dont want to add a request again to the buffer.

I want to delete a request by SE01 from a client that dont exist anymore.

For instance, there is a request in PRD environment that was created in the 400 client.

The 400 client was deleted. Now we just have the 500 client.

So how can i delete the request created in the 400 client if the client dont exist anymore?

Best Regards,

Fábio Tchobnian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fio,

The only option is recreate the client using Scc4 , login and then delete/release the request as per need.

This worked for me long back and i suppose this is the only solution you can adopt for now.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the transport in Client 500 has already been imported and in production. What impact it will create in PRD, you need to check SPAU activites.

Have you considered answer for question "Think on what will happen if you don't delete transport request? "

If I understood your question correctly, you are trying to delete a transport a request which was already deleted. Doesn't it seems silly?

0 Kudos

Hi

The request in client 400 is in status Modifiable.

We need to delete the request because we will apply Support Package in PRD environment and a pre requisite is that all open requested in the environment should be release/deleted.

Best Regards,

Fábio Tchobnian

0 Kudos

Hi Fio,

I think both 400 and 500 clients are in same SID. And now 400 client has been deleted, now you want to delete a request in 400 client.

If i am understnading the case correctly then i want to share this that while importing a request in same system i.e. SID of source and destination is same, no need to release the transport request . It means no data file and cofile on OS will be generated and you will not be able to see the request in SE01.

Since no data file has been generated so no need to worry about the request in 400 client.

You can go ahead and apply the suppport package.

Kindly, let us know in case of any issue.

Cheers!!!

Hi All

I solved the problem.

Solution:

Enter in transaction SE01 places the request in the field and selects Display.

It will appear request and task.

Double click in request.

You will go for another screen. In this another screen go to Menu Request/Task - DisplayChange.

After that will be shown a prompt saying that request does not belong to the client who you are suggesting that, so you change the client of request.

After that you will be able exclude the request.

Best Regards,

Fábio Karnik Tchobnian

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello and thank you for the post!

Now there is a note  1988188 - How to delete transport requets from deleted client

However there is a 3rd option - you can skip creating a client in SCC4, by creating the missing user again.

Regards

Ilian