cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conceptual question about Value Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I have an integration beetween 3r Party and APO.

I have a requeriment from APO that I will need a value mapping to make some conversions and I will get the data from R3.

I have a conceptual question.....

APO feeds on SAP R3.

Then my question is:Is this value mapping conceptually speaking correct?

In my opinion NOT. If APO feeds on SAP R3, why I have to get the data from R3 to make the convesion to send the data to APO???

I think APO have to get the data from R3 and make the conversion itself.

What do u think about??

Thanks a lot for your opinion

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Yes, you are right to some extent.

There is not need to look up R/3 system for an information that would be eventually available in the APO system.

Once the information is passed to the APO system, how does it process it? Does it process it immediately? or scheduled by a batch program?

What if the data from the 3rd party comes into the APO system, before APO has the R/3 data?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

This comunication is asyncronus and there's a job to process the information....

The converions are about customer number and materials numbers... This information doesn´t hardly ever change.

Thanks a lot....

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The conversions are about customer number and materials numbers... This information doesn´t hardly ever change.

I do not know what company you are working for, but I cannot imaging that customer numbers and material numbers do not change.

When R/3 has the value mapping information, then you can do:

- Look-up R/3 during mapping

- Replicate value mapping data frequently to APO

How you should proceed can decide only the experts in the company, there is no general rule for this.