cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a prob with FCC. I have field fixed lengths on my target side. My field lengths are 1, 4, 6... etc. But after each field I need a space as well. When I use FCC my file is getting generated without any space. How can I incorporate space in the target ? Target is a text file. Now I get the first field, then immediately the next field is entered.

I have around 22 fields. I can't add space as a constant and concatanate with all the fields.

Can I use both field fixed lengths ad filed separator in FCC ? If I can, then what would I give for space ?

Regards

Midhun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Increase the field length of each field by '1' in the FCC. The extra space in the second field willl serve as a space for the first field. If this doesn't help, then you need to do it in the mapping only.

~Vaas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

Can I use both field fixed lengths ad filed separator in FCC ? If I can, then what would I give for space ?

you cannot do this in FCC.

Handle the space generation in your mapping itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabarish,

So in short, I have to add space to each field in mapping..

I just want to try with space as delimiter, without using Fixedlengths. How can we give space as delimiter ?

Midhun

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for the parameter fieldSeparator try giving a space

note you cannot use fixedfiledlengths then

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have receiver FCC with csv file.

In the file name scheme do I have to put filename.csv or filename.txt ?

Again the message is successfully processed but empty file is created. The CC monitoring doesn't show any error and it shows " scheduled for outbound processing " in Moni. I have two interfaces and the message fails for the other interface with red flag.

Do I have to mention fieldnames for receiver ? I have done that and I put delimiter, field seperator as ',' . I believe quotes are needed.

Any inputs ?

Midhun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

File name should be anything its not mandatory to specify CSV or txt.

No need of Quotes for the parametner fieldSeparator.

Fieldnames also not necessary.

fieldSeparator   , 

Regards

Ramg

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

refer this.

You can provide the required parameters as in the blog.

Also the sap help will help you better - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/frameset.htm