cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical detail in STAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

my ABAP team wants me to trace a particular Tcode who and when has executed in the last 2 months. i tried to get the details in STAD but it says" no statistical record foun". how can i get this detail.also where to activate log for STAD

regards,

siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have a problem relevant to the matter discussed above. Do we have a report available where we can see the time taken by any report for being processed; I have tried sto3n and stad but the log available is limited to few days in first and few hours in second, do we have any other report available which is specifically dedicated to serve this purpose

before configuring it in sm19, where we can see its existing configuration, and if we will configure all possible logs do it have extra load on system, and when it is configured through sm19 a requisition comes extend it to all servers, why it asks such thing when we specifies the client for configuration...???

Please do answer my aforesaid questions...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Salar...

Former Member
0 Kudos

One use of Security Audit logs is to answer who has executed a particular transaction in a particular time frame (provided it is configured to do so). It cannot answer the question as to how long did a report execute . ST03N , STAD are avenues for this(if they have the data in your reqd timeframe).

SM20 displays the audit log while configuration is done in SM19.

Yes. Setting up Security Audit logs does put load on the system. The write activity by a workprocess to audit log file is synchronous and sequential . If you use file server for a single file for all SAP instances, the wait even increases.

How much load does this configuration exert ? Refer to the following SAP Note :-

-

Note 429343 - Security audit: Performance aspects

-

Security Audit is specific to each application server and If you decide to audit all your instances you need to extend the configuration to all.

You are new to Security Audit logs and you need to find information about the scope, design and configuration. Please refer to the following :-

-

SAP Note 539404 - FAQ: Answers to questions about the Security Audit Log

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/95/d2a8e96d6611d1a5700000e835363f/frameset.htm

-

We are happy to help you in case of configuration issues. But please ensure that your query is not answered in either of the above mentioned documents ??

cheers !

PRADi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is not possible to Get 2 months log.Try ST03n you will get about 2 weeks log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to enable security audit log..

if not then STAD was set to only keep the last couple of days theres no much hope to go back a few weeks

Statistics files are written every hour. You can change the value of this parameter stat/max_files. This parameter specifies the Number of stat-Files which can be held at a time and its maximum value is 99. Means the last limit is 99 hours.

If you wish to see about one user activity then

configure and activate the Security Audit Log (SM19) and then analyze its entries through SM20. You can configure exactly what needs to be tracked...

SAP Note 539404 is helpful.

Cheers,

Chaith

Edited by: Krishna Chaitanya on May 27, 2010 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge I dont think it is possible to get data for 2 months in STAD. At the max. for seven days it will be available depending on the varaints of the program.

Better check in ST03N Tcode where you can get for atleast 15 days.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to transaction st03n - expert mode - select the time period for a month - transaction profile - standard.

Here you have the reports. You only have to check which reports are executed by the transactions that you are looking for.

Kind regards,

Mark