cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requirement type in sales BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one issue related to requirement type in sales order.

We have one sales BOM defined for one plant. When we put this BOM in sales order item category TAP is determined as per standard design and BOM is exploded with two sub-items. The item category for components is determined as TAN. Here the rquirement type for all is Z03.

Now when we are changing the item category of components to TAB(Third party), the requiremnt type is not getting changed to KE(make to order).

But when we are changing the plant for the BOM item(main item), the requiremnt type for the components is changed to KE. This is happening when i am changing plant for main material to any plant.

All configuration related to requirement type have been analysed. Material master data view for all plants are same.Hence there is no issue of strategy group or MRP type playing role in changing requiremnt type.

Please let me know if this is the normal process for requiremnt type with sales BOM.

Why requirement type is not getting changed from Z03 to KE when I am changing item category of components from TAN to TAB in sales order.

Please help as this is production issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Whenever you create a sales Bill of Material (BOM), it is at a plant level. So only by changing the plant, the requirement type gets changed and not by changing the item category.

Regards,

Raghav