cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overhead costing sheet in easy cost planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a overhead costing sheet (having base as material cost elements where a %age is defined to be applied on the material cost) and attached it to the valuation variant of easy cost planning in PS module.

Now for a given project when I am checking the easy cost planning, it is showing all individual lines of resources like material etc. along with its qty, price and value but I can not see the effect of the %age specified in overhead costing sheet.

Kindly suggest what is to be done.

Also pl. let me know whether I can see the cost component structure of easy cost planning.

With Thanks and Regards

Ratna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anybody guide me to get solution in following scenario?

I have created a overhead costing sheet (having base as material cost elements where a %age is defined to be applied on the material cost) and attached it to the valuation variant of easy cost planning in PS module.

Now for a given project when I am checking the easy cost planning, it is showing all individual lines of resources like material etc. along with its qty, price and value but I can not see the effect of the %age specified in overhead costing sheet.

Kindly suggest what is to be done.

Also pl. let me know whether I can see the cost component structure of easy cost planning.

With Thanks and Regards.

Ratna

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the Txn CJ46 to calculate the planned overhead for the project.

System automatically calculates the overheads based on costing sheet assigned.

In Txn OKTZ you can see the cost component structure.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

But when I run CJ46 for a particular WBS element, it says "The object is not relevant for processing".

I have created the costingsheet as per the process mentioned below.

For overhead costing sheet, base is created with raw material cost elements range and origin group range.

Overhead rate is defined with dependency D020 - Overhead Type/Plant as 1.5% with proper validity period.

Credity key is defined with secondary cost element with category 41 and cost center and fixed % with default "*".

The above costing sheet is attached to the valuation variant of easy cost planning in PS module.

There is a cost component structure 10 which is attached to costing variant PS06.

Still CJ46 gives message as "The object is not relevant for processing" when I run it for particular WBS element.

Kindly suggest whether I m missing any other step.

With Thanks and Regards.

Ratna

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CJ20N Check whether costing sheet and overhead key has assigned to WBSE

in control tab.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks.

In control tab of WBSE I put the costing sheet . But for overhead key, the drop down is showing only value 'SAP', 'SAP1' and 'SAP2'.

Do I need to use any one of these or I have to create a new overhead key?

In the costing sheet, I had created a "Overhead Rate" with dependency D020 and overhead type 2..

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Ratna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I put costing sheet in control tab of WBS element and kept Overhead key as blank because in the costing sheet cretated the overhead amount depends on the plant

After this when I run CJ46, it showed 1 overhead calculated -but in detial screen Debit there is no output and the value in table COSP remains same. It does not show the effect of overhead costing sheet maintained for the said WBSE.

Kindly help me.

t

Thanks and Regards

Ratna Palit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I put costing sheet in control tab of WBS element and kept Overhead key as blank because in the costing sheet cretated the overhead amount depends on the plant

After this when I run CJ46, it showed 1 overhead calculated -but in detial screen Debit there is no output and the value in table COSP remains same. It does not show the effect of overhead costing sheet maintained for the said WBSE.

Kindly help me.

Thanks and Regards

Ratna Palit

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I know in IMG we have to assign the overhead key to Percentage overhead rates. However you are using the dependency D020where this calculates the overhead at plant level.

So I suggest you to discuss further with your FICO team on percentage overheads rate dependency.

Regards,