Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer posting to block stock through quality notification

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear QM Experts,

I am trying to post the material from unrestricted use to block stock through quality notification type Q2. Following are the details.

1. Material is batch managed

2. Storage location is managed by warehouse management and has storage bin.

3. Material has split valuation

When I click on link transfer post unrestrictedblock system asks to put storage type and storage bin. Here I enter the appropriate details. When I press enter system throws error message as Enter valuation type as the material has split valuation active. Surprisingly I do not find the option to put this valuation type in Q2 notification screen.

On the contrary when I try to do 344 movment manually through MB1B system gives pop up to select appropriate valuation type.

Requirement is movement 344 should happen through quality notification considering above constraints. How the valuation type to be entered in Q2 notification?

I would be grateful, if someone can throw some light on this.

Thanking you,

Anand Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which valuation category do you use in material master accounting view?

In my experience..

Normally a company use the batch management for split valuation and a valuation type should be input automatically by transaction in batch master.

Therefore when you input a material, plant, batch in notification screen, a valuation type would be selected in background by system.

Anyway try below..

At transaction MSC2N you input a valuation type into batch master then try to transafer posting through notification.

I'm not sure why your batch master does not have a valuation type.

Regards

Luke

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Luke and Nitin for your kind replies!

Well, I have to regenerate the case to test it again. I will get back to you after checking the settings you suggested.

Thanks again

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are using std SAP you have to put the valuation type.But if you can customize fuction module & assign to the 344 mvt type in action box & define to pick the valuation type as same as that of GR document.

this can work

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

I think you are asking to modify the std Function Module for getting valuation field in Quality Notification.

I had a situation similar to this when, I dont have a field to enter Reason for Scrapping in Quality Notification. Even I raised to SAP and I got a note for resolving that issue, even that wont work as I have to fix a reason code for every time.

If something comes from standard or by modifying FM, please let us know.

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

Thank you for the suggestion.

According to me there must be some standard solution available for this, since we are not dealing with any Z development at least for this purpose. I am still exploring it. If not I would go as per your suggestion.

Hi Vineeth, which note has been suggested by SAP for your issue?

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Any further suggestions?

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I am facing the same issue. Is your issue resolved?

Please suggest how to go about this.

Regards,

Sachin Narvekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you entering Material document / Purchase order in the reference object of Quality notiifcation screen.

If yes then it should pick the valution type from GR it self.

If it is not the case only option is to modify the FM.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I think where you enter the storage bin and other details there only you can enter the valuation details else check in item details.

Thanks,Kundan

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Kundan for so prompt response. Unfortunately I could not find the option for valuation type to put in quality notification screen. System displays only storage type and storage bin. Where exactly in item details I have to search as I am unable to locate the same in items also?

Regards,

Anand Rao