Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object exists in table USOBT_C for the transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing a problem .

I need to find the authorization object and tell at which level it is maintained(transaction or program level).

Now when i check for the transactions in table USOBT_C, i can find the authorization object.

But when i check the transaction or the program for the authorization object found in table USOBT_C, i am unable to find them.

Could you please let me know then where are these authorization object maintained?

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul Sinha

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

They need to be in table TSTCA or in the code otherwise it is not going anywhere, despite USOBT_C entries.

Cheers,

Julius

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

When a object is maintained with check indicator check maintain in SU24 that reflect in customer table USOBT_C. It does not means that the same will update corresponding program for the related transaction. It will ensure that when any role will be built for that transaction the the object will will be pulled for profile generation automatically.

So before maintaining the object for a transaction in SU24 you need to ensure that the object is relevent else that add up nothing in authorization check.

Cheers

Arpan

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I need to find the authorization object and tell at which level it is maintained(transaction or program level).

> Now when i check for the transactions in table USOBT_C, i can find the authorization object.

> But when i check the transaction or the program for the authorization object found in table USOBT_C, i am unable to find them.

You can check for the authorization objects being checked for a tcode or a program through report RSABAPSC.

It is not necessary that object added in the SU24 values (table USOBT_C) are the objects coded for auth checks in the program. For e.g. when a transaction tries to read/write data at OS fodler levels then "S_DATASET" is being checked whcih is not coded in the program(associated with the transaction being executed).

Final authentication for the objects being checked for the transaction will be the trace results.

Thanks.

Anjan