cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic assignment of Customer specific inspection in inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The inspection is to be done at the time of production order confirmation (Inspection type:04) and we are using a make to stock strategy.

We have a scenario wherein the same material is supplied to different customers and for each of them the inspection plan is different.

I have created the counters in the inspection plan for each customer. However for assignment I have to go to QA02 and then assign the relevant plan based on counter.

The requirement is to automatically determine the correct inspection plan for the customer.

Please let me know if it is possible to do the automatic assignment of inspection plan of customer while creating inspection lot.

The automatic assignment check in the QM view is already activated.

Thanks

Ritesh Sinha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of make to stock scenario, the automatic assignment of inspection plan wont be happened for inspection type 04 since sales order/ customer information is not available in the production order.

I think you can explore the functionality of "Multiple Specfiication" to map your scenario.

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I am new to QM. Can you please explain how to implement the Multiple specification process.

The sales order and the customer number are always maintained in the production order.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

In Inpsection type 04, Inspection lot is created w.r.t Production order. If u want to have Inspection lot based on customer & parameters vary for each customer , then go for Inspection type 10,11,12. Here whenever u receive sale order from partcular Customer, system automatocally generates Inspection lot based on the respective Inspection plan (combination of grp & grp ctr) manitained for the customer. Activate Inspection type 10,11,12 in ur material master.

with regards,

K.Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The scnariio is as below:

- Inspection plan is created for material X with 2 counters for customer A and B.

- Production order is created w.r.t. to a sales order for customer A

- Inspection is to be done at the time of production order confirmation: inspection type 04 is used

- Inspection lot is generated at the time of cnfirmation but no task list specification/plan is assigned to the lot as there are 2 counters in inspetcion plan for customer A and B

Today I have to go to QA02 and then select the counter of cusomer A and then do teh result recording.

Requirement is to automatically determine the correct plan for the customer A while the inspection lot is generated.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably the easiest thing for you at this point is to use a user exit. It sounds like you have all your master data set up and things are working OK with the exception that you have to manually assign the inspection plan right now.

You can use exit QPAP0002 - Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection.

Since you have the inspection plans assigned by the customer number, and you have the customer number in the order, it should be relatively simple than to use this information to select the plan.

You will need an ABAP'er to work with you to develop the necessary code for the exit. But it shouldn't be too difficult.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Tcode are you using for inspection plan? In both QP01 and CA01 you can put different operations and can do material assignments as well. According to that, task list will be auto picked up in the creation of lot.

Please elaborate the steps you are using.