cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookup in same batch of messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

is it possible to do a lookup in same batch of messages?

Ex.

FTP-XI-R/3

A textfile was transferred in FTP. I need to do a lookup if there are any 2 similar messages (messages containing same value in a certain field).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ignatius,

>>A textfile was transferred in FTP. I need to do a lookup if there are any 2 similar messages (messages containing same value in a certain field).

When you have done FCC on the text file you will have a XML structure in PI. Now in this structure you can use a UDF or java mapping and do a comparison for any unique tag and find out the duplicate message. Hope I have understood the question correctly..

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

my scenario is with 2 different textfiles containing two different messages with the same value in a certain field.

is it possible to do lookup in idx5 (XML messages in adapter).

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ignatius,

>>my scenario is with 2 different textfiles containing two different messages

So if i understood correctly the same record can come in two different files and you want to avoid the duplication in the target system? so you are planning to do a lookup of the idx5 messages and see whether the record already exists or not in some previous message?

I think using idx5 it wont be feasible to do a comparison. Either send the duplicated data to the target and handle it there or, create a z table in PI and do a RFC lookup which will search for the unique field value in table. If the value is not found it will update the table, else will return a duplicate status and you can then handle it in PI.

Regards

Suraj