SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking / Deleting / Archiving Business Partners + New Acc Hldr to a CA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a situtation where through conversion business partner where duplicated. Even worse, some BPs were incorrectly assigned to contract accounts. So, I was wondering if there is a standard way to correct this situation:

1. deleting / blocking / archiving business partners

2. assinging a new account holder to the contract account

3. etc.

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Mashudu

2 REPLIES 2

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

For your first point...delete / archive BP:

Use the business partner archive or delete function in order to solve the problem. In order to do so, set the archiving flag

for the relevant business partner. You can do this either within the bp dialog or use transaction BUPA_PRE_DA. Afterwards you can start either the archiving function (BUPA_ARCH) or delete the partner via BUPA_DEL. However the partner can only be deleted, if it is not used any more in any contracts.

See note 816668 in advance for info.

Hope this helps

Regards

Olivia

0 Kudos

Thank you Octavia for a quick response.

I tried executing the transaction that you suggested, however, it seems that once a bp is assinged to a contract account it can not either be deleted or archived via these transaction. I am getting a message that says 'deletion not allowed as BP has been used in Contract Account'. Any ideas how to resolve that?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Mashudu