Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Mail to a SAP distribution list

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

we search for a solution to sending a simple mail from an Exchangeserver to a SAP distribution list.

Sending a mail to a user, who has add a mail-address through SU01 in his profil, works.

What we want to do is:

Sending a mail through an Exchange-Server to a Fax-Server.

The fax transmission confirmation comes through the Exchange-Server to the SAP Server.

The problem is:

we can give a SAP user only one email address.

So, when we change the mailaddress to user.name@ sid.maildomain.com the way to the fax and the way back should work,

but when a user wanna send a mail out to the internet, the exchange will deny the changed address.

That's the reason why we want to send a mail to a distribution list created in SAP.

Is this possible or have anyone an other idea?

Thanks Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

There is no way to send a email to a list!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

but when a user wanna send a mail out to the internet, the exchange will deny the changed address.

The host through with the mail is being send should be cofigured as a TRUSTED HOST on your Exchange Server.

May be either SAP Server or FAX server is not configured as trusted host for relaying the message on your exchange server. This is the reason why Exchange server is denying the communication to external mail domain... This will also eliminate SMTP authentication for sending mails from SAP and FAX servers.

Ask Exchange Administrator to add both SAP and FAX server as a trusted host on Exchange server.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick answer,

but the users wanna send mail to the internet, with there normal mailaddresses.

And, if i don't change the addresses, only one SAP system is going to be receive the transmission confirmation.

Constellation:

3 SAP systems (DEV/QAS/PRD) > SMTP Relay > Exchange > Faxserver

The customer don't want to change the mailaddresses, because they want send with the original.

But if we not change the addresses, the transmission confirmation never finds the way back to the SAP Server.

Is there any solution?

Thanks Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below note... and review your configuration accordingly...

[Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/455140]

Specially section "2. User administration (transaction SU01)" for recieving the notification in SAP..

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check out port settings also. We had experienced this problem in the past. Mails was functioning properly at our end i.e users were able to send a mail from their office id on internet as well as their colleagues. However, whenever they used to send a mail from SAP outside office premises (Accessing SAP at clietn location or VPN) mails never used to reach. After discussing with infra team we came to know they have blocked the ports due to which any associate can not send mail from their office id from other company premises. I am not sure if its the same case but its just suggestion to check that also.

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for the late response,

@Rajesh,

I've been working through the note, but point 2 resolves not my problem. Thanks anyway!

@Kedar,

thanks for your response.

Well, the ports we used to send mails (in and out) are open. (SAP > Internet 25 / Internet > SAP 25000)

The strange is, we found nothing about sending emails to the SAP systems without changing the mailadresses.

If we'd use only one SAP system, i think there is no problem with sending and reciving of mails without a changed mailadress, but there must be an alternative opportunity. Hopefully.

Thanks Tobias

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we've solved this as follows:

There is no chance to send mails to a list in SAP. Now, all Systems can send emails and faxes out to the internet,

but the fax transmission confirmation will only send to the PRD system.

If no one want to change the email address (SU01), there is no other way!

Thanks!