cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3load and Jload create 2 migration export CDs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

I am preparing an ABAP+JAVA homogeneous copy.

I wonder if R3load and Jload will create the dumps seperately.

Could you share your experience ?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laura,

Yes it creates 02 dumps while exporting the ABAP+Java.

R3Load:R3LOAD writes its data in a format that is independent of database and platform. This format can be read and processed on all platforms supported by SAP. R3LDCTL reads the ABAP Dictionary to extract the database independent table and index structures, and writes them into *.STR files. Also note, R3LDCTL creates the DDL.TPL files for every SAP supported database.R3SZCHK generates the target database size file DBSIZE.XML for SAPINST

The report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL generates DDL statements for non-standard database objects and writes it into .SQL files. The .SQL file is used by R3LOAD to create the nonstandard DB objects in the target database, bypassing the information in .STR files.

JLoad: As of NetWeaver '04, JAVA data is now stored in a database, but there are still JAVA applications storing persistent data in the file system. JLOAD deals with database data only. File system data is covered by SAPINST functionality. Unlike R3LOAD dump files, JLOAD dump files contain the dictionary definitions and the exported data in the same file.

JLOAD writes its data in a format that is independent of database and platform. This format can be read and processed on all platforms supported by SAP. The JSIZECHECK is called to create the DBSIZE.XML files for all target databases where this file is needed.

You can also read more about the System Copies (ABAP+Java) @

Note 771209 - NetWeaver 04: System copy (supplementary note)

Hope it helps you to understand the process little better..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all replies.

I believe that SO FAR we are all talking about the database-independent procedure only.

I notice the following in your reply:

JLoad: As of NetWeaver '04, JAVA data is now stored in a database, but there are still JAVA applications storing persistent data in the file system. JLOAD deals with database data only. File system data is covered by SAPINST functionality. Unlike R3LOAD dump files, JLOAD dump files contain the dictionary definitions and the exported data in the same file.

Therefore, in a DB-dependent copy, Is the file system data also handled by SAPINST?

Thanks again

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , it will create 2 seperate dump for abap and java.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I hope 2 files.

You can check [HERE|http://sapwhiz.com/worddoc/825/]

Regards,