cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send PO in XML from R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are on SRM 4.0 Extended Classic scenario. The business scenario which I am trying to configure is as follows:

We create the PO in ITS, which is replicated in R/3. Now this PO has to be sent to the vendor in XML format.

We are not using XI so we are trying to send IDoc from R3 to a middleware 'Typco' from where it will go to Vendor.

For that in R3 i have implemented BADI BBP_PO_INBOUND_BADI. In the method BBP_MAP_BEFORE_BAPI I am filling 'NAST' table with all the required data to send IDOC.

Now the problem is IDoc is not getting generated and it is picking up an old Idoc number, when i see in the message log.

Have anybody sent XML PO to Vendor without using XI in SRM, or from R3 with a middleware.

Any help will be rewarded.

Thanks,

Smita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Allready did it using a midleware that was converting the idoc into xml. To generate the idoc, why don't you use the message control functionality and define an ale scenario that will send the idoc to your external midleware ?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dc/6b7c9f43d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

Can you please elaborate how can I achieve this. actually when we are creating the PO in R3, Idoc is getting generated and going to middleware as well. But when PO is going from SRM to R3, we are unable to generate the IDocs.

I tried filling up NAST table when PO going from SRM to R3 but no success so far.

Can you please guide me how can I send the SRM PO from R3 in the form of IDoc.

Thanks,

Smita

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Smita,

You don't need to fill nast table with a badi. Better check how the messaging is customized, I assume you are using conditions tables and a condition record may be missing.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pierre,

The conditions table and condition record are well maintained. We are taking only document type in the conditions record.

We were updating the NAST table because the message determination was not taking place automatically and the NAST table was not getting updated.

Please suggest what to do.

Regards

Smita

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Smita,

I'm quite surprised.

Setting a condition record for SRM document type should be enough if it's allready working for R/3 doc type.

Try to enter manually the message in the PO, if you can't manually, it won't work automaticaly. But this way you have additional information.

Are you sure there is any specific development nor user exit in the backend ?

Last step will be to generate a test data (notes 539978, 519292) for the bapi_po_create(1) and debug the messaging function.

Good luck

Pierre

Answers (0)