cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiver RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenarios is async SOAP->PI 7.0 SP15->(async RFC) SAP 4.6C , I need to ensure messages are sent to SAP system in order also If message fails in R/3 during RFC processing, I need to stop sending next message to R/3. If RFC call is processed successfully I need to map response to a separate WS (would prefer to avoid BPM sync async).

RFC Faq says,

With SP11 a XI EOIO-messages will result in a normal tRFC call. If a tRFC is sent to an SAP-system it will be executed directly (in other words synchronously) plus the tRFC exactly once handling. The order of the messages belonging to one EOIO-queue will be guaranteed by the Adapter Framework messaging layer.

Is there anyway to specify aSync RFC as EOIO?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this... http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/70d8e250-e892-2b10-ab8a-d04433cf158b [original link is broken]

As per your requirement, yes you can create a scenario but you wouldnt be sure if it worked or not? Trouble shooting is tedious work in case if there are other technical issues.... I will suggest to go for QOS as Best effort and You can set to follow order in Interface determination by checking "Maintain order at run time"

-Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks venkat in addition to maintaining EOIO requirement is WebService1->RFC->Webservice2. If R/3 fails while sending async RFC we can see error in AE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump...

Is there way to avoid bpm in this scenario? Or a way to send RFC response to another webservice?

Thanks

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there way to avoid bpm in this scenario?

No. You need BPM in this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan. Points awarded.

Answers (0)