cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email alert for Failing jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I setup and email alert for failing job ? I dont intend to use solution Manager for this. Is there a way on ECC itself to do this ? I would idealy like to send and email to support group about the failied job from our ECC 6.0.

Any pointers , advise ?

Thanks

Param

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tiago_scherer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Param,

Note 553953 explains in details how to monitore specific jobs. After that you should configure the autoreaction metohd as described on the following online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/2c/abb2e7ff6311d194c000a0c93033f7/content.htm

And finally, you should assign this method to the MTE in:

RZ20

SAP CCMS Monitor Templates

Background Processing

System Wide

Background

Background Job Monitoring

<the job name>

Select the Status one and click on Properties -> Methods and assign the method you have created.

Regards,

Tiago

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ECC, you can use RZ21 to define autoreaction methods for a particular 'incident', which can be background job failure, backup failure etc. You would have to define the CCMS onalert email autoreaction method and 'link' it in RZ21. For more information refer to note no. 176492. It describes all the steps required to configure the email autoreaction method. In this, you need to configure only the steps defined for sending mail to external mail user.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, check CCMS (transaction rz20) for the appropriate function and create an autoreaction method to send an email when it triggers a failed job.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also use "Spool list recipient" option available while defining/changing the Job.

at Recipient give the mail address of mail to deliver and press on address button "display address" check to the send message options of required by you.