Re-print of archived billing document

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 2 outputs automatically determined on our billing documents:

1. ZRD0 Invoice print or EDI

2. ZAR0 Archive version

The issue we have is how to re-print multiple billings docs that were originally sent via EDI when, for example, a customer requests copies of a range of invoice numbers.

Normal process would be to use VF31

BUT

If we try a repeat output against ZRD0, because it was originally sent via EDI there is no option to select a printer and print a hard copy.

If we try a repeat output against ZAR0, because this is an archive version, SAP just doesn't seem to allow it to be printed.

We can retrieve individual docs either from SAP (by repeating output inside billing doc) or from our 3rd party archiving system...........but the question from the business is 'is it possible to quickly re-print a range of billing docs'

Any help greatly appreciated on this one.

Regards

Guy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that it's impossible with standard tools because you can check in tcode DB15 for object SD_VBRK that you delete tables VBRK, VBRP, NAST and so on. So, the print program doesnt have the data to print the document. I understand that documents are archived and deleted.

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eduardo, that's interesting.

I've never seen DB15 before....would you mind giving me a little explanation of what I'm looking at.

What does archiving object SD_VBRK actually do?

When an output is set to option 2 - archive only....where does it go? How can it be retrieved?

Many thanks

regards

Guy

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

With DB15 you can search the tables where you delete with an archiv.object, or the arhiving objects that can delete data in a table.

To check the settings for a archiving object you must go to tcode AOBJ. The reports for archive, delete, preprocessing, recharge (if it happens), that you call from tcode SARA for the same archiving object.

For archiving aims, the tcode TAANA is useful because you can know how many records have in a table for values of some fields (the same that you can use to archive/delete data).

Before to begin an archiving, is useful to check the information in info icon in the archiving report that you have set in AOBJ, and usually you have a lot of consulting notes about any archiving object.

Usually you have available reports to read archiving data (the file of archiving data must be in the path that AOBJ says). Search it, perhaps it wil be enought.

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VF31, set the processing mode as 2 (Repeat processing) and the transmission mode as 1 and then try.

Indranil