cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 / NW 7.01 SR1 upgrade SP levels - Note 819722

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm preparing for an upgrade to SRM 7.0 / NW 7.01 SR1, and I want to include the latest SP Stack. I need to know what SP level the upgrade delivers, so I can download just the delta SP Stacks rather than all of them.

The upgrade guide states that Note 819722 should contain the information on what SP levels the upgrade delivers, but this Note comes up with the message:

"The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only"

Does anyone have a recent copy of the note downloaded, or able to provide the information? I really want to avoid downloading 7 Stacks if I only need 2...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP or support packages contains mostly the fixes to the bugs contained in earlier versions of the product. It's not the intention for SP to contain new features. So the higher you are in a SP level, the fewer bugs you should encounter. In that sense, it is always recommended to apply the latest SP when you are upgrading.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That does not answer my question at all....

Let me re-phrase.

I want to include the latest SP Stack in the upgrade, but in order to download only what is required, I need to know what SP level is included in the SR1 upgrade. An SR1 upgrade is unlikely to have every component at SP0, the question is what Stacks should I download to get from the upgrade SP level to the latest. I want to avoid downloading all of them if I can.

Note 819722 is supposed to have this information, but it is unavailable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for rephrasing your question. It prompted me to fare better this time:

Kernel and ABAP Support Packages contained in SAP SRM 7.0 Support Release 1:
===============================================================
SAP_BASIS 701 03
SAP_ABA 701 03
SAP_BW 701 03
PI_BASIS 701 03
SAP_BS_FND 701 02
SAP_AP 700 15
SRM_SERVER 700 02
SRM_PLUS 700 02
SRM_EXT 700 02
SRM_EXPL 700 02
ST-PI 2008_1_700 00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you - that's exactly what I wanted! I now know which SP stacks I need and which ones I don't.

Out of curiousity, did that info come from Note 819722, or somewhere else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 819722 it is. So beware that it could be changed drastically tomorrow as a public released note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick and helpful responses Jay!

Edited by: Gareth Reece on May 21, 2010 8:11 AM

Answers (0)