cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UIs with Visibility NONE occupying space in view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using Webdynpro in CE 7.2. I had the idea that when UI elements are assigned visibility as NONE, they do not occupy any space in the view. But in my present scenario, I am setting the visibility NONE property to some of the UIs in my view during runtime. They do beacome invisible but still occupy their allocated spaces in the view. The other visible UIs do not

re-orient themselves when these UIs become invisible.

It is like, when I assign visibility NONE value to these UIs, they become as good as Invisible UIs in the view which though are invisible but still occupy the space.

Please advise if I I am missing out something.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

Create a transparent container for the UI elements which you need not to display in the view.And set the proper layout(Matrix layout),

And move the invisible elements under this container and set data type to the visible property.

In init() method set the default value and write the code according to your requirement.

Sample code:

wdContext.CurrentContextElement.setYourElelemt(WDVISIBILITY.NONE).

Regards

Vijay K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

You can set layoutdata property of the UI element as "MatrixHeadData" and then set the visibility as NONE.

Regards,

Sukalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

Create a transparent container for the UI elements which you need not to display in the view.And set the proper layout(Matrix layout),And move the invisible elements under this container and set the visible property.

In init() method set the default value and write the code according to your requirement.

Sample code:

wdContext.CurrentContextElement.setYourElelemt(WDVISIBILITY.NONE).

Regards,

Lavanya.G