cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results Recording of MIC's during GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can any one help/advise if there is any way to do Results Recording of MIC's during GR (either from external vendor or internal STO). Please help if there is any config / BAPI/Exit help to map this scenario.

Advance thanks for your solution.

regards,

Purna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure exactly I understand the question.

inspection of STO's and incorming receipts from vendors is standard QM. 08 inspection type for STO's and 01 inspection types for receipts against purchase orders.

What specifically do you need info on?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you FF for your quick responce to my query.

The requirement is there is a need of populating identified particular MIC's (for results recording) during execution of GR transaction.(Either for internal STO or for External Vendor).

I understand that results recording will be taken place once the Goods receipt is done and stock posted in Quality inspection stock. But the Business requirement is, before posting the stock into Quality stock itself results recording is required for some of the identified MIC's during GR.

Hope now you understand the my requirement, please let me know if required any further information on the issue.

regards,

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding lot gets generated only when you save GR transaction. So during GR or brfore it posting to quality you can not take result recordfor identified MIC.

Or at the most you can cretae souce inspection here.So that you can take result record before GR.,At the time purchase order system can cretae lot.

Regards

SANIL

You can go through this thread where I have explain how to use source inspection ,check whether it can work for you.

Regards

SANIL

Edited by: Sanil Vadke on May 20, 2010 6:45 PM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As others have jumped in here and suggested, to record results in advance of the GR you would need to use the source inspection.

I can't honestly say I've used the source inspection process for STO's. It would probably work where you've set up STO's to come in as 01 inspection lots, but if you are using 08 lots, I'm not so sure. Of course the question with 08's is that if you are receiving in from another plant on an STO, the inspection required should be limited and you shouldn't need extensive inspections to start with. In other words, you should be able to trust your fellow plants to be shipping good stuff to you. In addition, their test results should already be in your system to review so you should already be able to check those out before doing the GR.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding, this is not possible. But if your business requirement is to record and check the quality before GR, you can use source inspection component.

In source inspection, you can do result recording beforehand and so in the time of GR you can see the quality of the material After sourse inspection, you can control whether you want to generate a lot post GR or not. Source inspection control is done in QI01 (Inspection control tab).

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Uou are use Batch Management for the given material, you can make the same parameter as class characteristics and assign it to batch class to have recording the value in the GR itself.

Thanks

SUMIT