Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range assignment for Interchangeability

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we want to prototype using product interchangeability in SNP. Before you can maintain a supersession chain (via /INCMD/UI) you have to setup and assign a number range to the IC group type via SNUM / SNRO Transaction.. basically the customizing. (number range object is /incmd/grp).

Here is the problem we are facing: go to SNUM --> select object "/incmd/grp" --> you will find the typical Display/Change/Status Intverall buttons ... but how do you assign a number range here to group type 1. If you press "Change Group" button a strange screen comes up which list the 10 available IC group types ... whatever I do it says "NumberRange 01 doesn't exists"

Working on SCM5.0 SP13.

Anyone went over this customizing and can advise how to assign Number Ranges to Interchangeability Object ?

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I would suggest can you make use of the help document

attached alongwith the customisation activity. (before

execute button)

There was an example given in that document which

you can make use of it.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please proceed as below:

1. In u201CMaintain Number Range Groupu201D screen , You will come here by clicking "Groups" - Maintain ( not display)

You may have display as below:

Number range object INC - Group Number

Grouping..........

Group without text

10 1 2 5 6 7 8

External

3 4

Here missing is u201C Internalu201D number group

2. please click 4th button from the left at the top i.e. u201CInseru201D. We want to create a new number group.

Give Text u201CInternalu201D . Give appropriate number range, taking into consideration current number used.

3. To this new created u201CInternal u201C number group attach some group (say 1)

4. You need to create as many number range groups as many you require.

You then assign the groups to these newly created number groups.

I hope this will help you.

Please check and confirm.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

just as a side question I canot see the difference between SNUM and SNRO. Is there any diff ? Do we need to use both ?

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tks ... now I got it ! You need to setup a "new" group first and than assign the IC group to it - while creating a new group the systems allows you to define a number !

Regards

Thomas

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SNUM and SNRO start from different entry points

SNUM --> NumberRange Object

SNRO --> NumberRange Screen

Regards

Thiomas

Answers (0)