cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating System And Database Patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Does Sap have a specific note about operating system and database patch management? It is important for

me for applying operating system and database patches.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any general strategy and document about patch management of databases and operating systems in SAP? Or is it

changable product by product? For example Microsoft and Unix Sql Server and Oracle like that. My exact question is that.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking about but usually the operating system vendors have to make sure that applications work as before after a patch.

Since SAP applications run on many different combinations of operating systems and databases together with different kernels and/or database clients it's impossible to test them all in all combinations.

SAP has no notes with "don't use Hotfix A,B,C on your Windows machine together with Hotfix D or E on the database server"; known issues are listed in the notes for the patches themselves (on the vendors websites, not SAP).

Markus

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see

62988 Service packs for Microsoft SQL Server

Note 985137: Service Pack Installation for SQL Server 2005

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. My question is not for only Sql Server and Microsoft Windows Server. For all products about operating system and database patches does Sap have notes to apply these patches?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes SAP have notes for all operating systems and databases. You need to search the sap service market place for the notes.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for the answer. My question is not for only Sql Server and Microsoft Windows Server. For all products about operating system and database patches does Sap have notes to apply these patches?

They may provide notes for database and operating system patches but not for every single patch (e. g. hotfixes). They also do not provide documentation about virus scanners or e. g. backup tools.

Markus