cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OUTBOUND IDOC Doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

My Scenario is to send IDOC from ECC to 3rd party, so outbound IDOC. Whn i am sending the idoc from ecc , there is a number 16 bit number being generated in the xml file. but i want this number to be truncated to 12 bit as the receiver system(3rd Party system) couldnt match upto the 16 bit number.

Please provide me ur valuable suggestions how to achineve this.

Awaiting for your responses

thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> there is a number 16 bit number being generated in the xml file. but i want this number to be truncated to 12 bit as the receiver system(3rd Party system) couldnt match upto the 16 bit number.

Are you using graphical mapping tool? Then you can use the arithmetic function "formatNumber"

In this function you set attribute: 000000000000 (12 times)

But this will only work, when you are sure, that you have always a number and never a text.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Are you using graphical mapping tool? Then you can use the arithmetic function "formatNumber"

> In this function you set attribute: 000000000000 (12 times)

> But this will only work, when you are sure, that you have always a number and never a text.

or another option would be to do a subString - standard String function can help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now for my Scenario i am using the standard JAVA MApping.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even you can trucate the filed in java mapping,if you have any issues,then after java mapping add one more message mapping,in that do trucation.

adding one more message mapping for this is not right idea

Regards,

Raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

thanx a lot guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could either manipulate the data in ABAP code before the entry is written to the IDOC, or use graphical mapping or a UDF in PI to alter the field at runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry

Thanxs for ur advice.

could you please provide me an example or some blogs with respect to my scenario.

it would be really helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not sure what else i can offer, short of doing the work myself.....

in the mapping between the two fields, you can use a mathematical function from the graphical mapping or write some java code in a UDF.

otherwise you would have to write some ABAP to do it in a user exit before the idoc is sent.