cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM - Blackberry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am currently looking for a solution to access CRM 7 from Blackberry. I have read material available at SMP but I have several issues.

The Master Guide of CRM 7 says that to have 'always connected' solution , which is exactly what I am looking for, the required components are:

MSON 1.0

Prerequisite PV: SAP Netweaver 7.0

Main Instance: Mobile Infrastructure (MI)

The latest version of Mobile Infrastructure (MI) is Netweaver Mobile 7.1 (correct me if wrong)

Netweaver Mobile 7.1 also has capability for thin clients (always connected scenario)

So I need to understand whether it is possible to use Netweaver Mobile 7.1 instead of Mobile infrastructure (MI) along with CRM 7?

If yes, do I also need MSON 1.0?

What will be the required components in this case? Which documents can I refer for the scenario details?

Requst your expert advice on this..

Regards,

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vicky,

You have a standard solution for your issue. It´s called SAP Gateway 1.1, it is an add on for NW Mobile 7.1 and works just for mobile devices.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Developing Always-Connected scenario is the same as developing normal web dynpro java applications, you just need to optimise the layout for displaying using a small screen size.

in theory, almost every web dynpro appliaction is an Always-Connected client, you just need to add a bit extra at the end of the web dynpro app url, and access from your mobile device's browser, then you have your always-connected solution.

you can choose from the following strings for different kind of devices:

u2022 sap-wd-client=PieClient

u2022 sap-wd-client=Pie03Client

u2022 sap-wd-client=NokiaS80Client

u2022 sap-wd-client=WmlClient

eg.

http://normal.webdynpro.app.url&sap-wd-client=PieClient

check out this document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e7cc3b73-0901-0010-8895-c218dd4b0...

have fun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello erv2,

Thanks for your Reply, the link is very useful.

Still I need to confirm whether I can use NW mobile 7.1 with CRM 7, and what all components will be required for the solution.

Regards,

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

it depends on which route you are going to take, online, or offline

if it's online, anything can run web dynpro will do, i did it with a CE server

if it's offline, you'll need the abap application server.