Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception in Message Monitoring when failed message is cancelled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some info regarding this.

In message monitoring a message from Sender A to Sender B fails and gets into "waiting" mode.

When I cancel this message, I immediately recieve an Exception message from Sender B to Sender A. I have not done any specific configuration for this.

This happens as many times as I cancel the message. I receive one exception message from the reciever to sender for one failed and cancelled message.

I am working on PI 7.1 and recently the system was upgraded to Service Pack 09. Has somebody faced this or can throw any light on this?

Thanks,

Rashmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This happens as many times as I cancel the message. I receive one exception message from the reciever to sender for one failed and cancelled message.

Is this an IDoc related scenario or do you use acknowledgements?

Usually an ack message is not displayed in MONI, but it might be a new "feature" in SP9.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

No, This is normal FTP to SFTP Scenario. I have not selected any Acknowledgments anywhere in the configuration.

This is the reason why I am surprised at the "Exceptions".

I never got these messages when working with the same kind of scenarios and cancelling the failed messages. This is what leading me to belive that it must be something in SP09 pack.

Thanks.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This is what leading me to belive that it must be something in SP09 pack.

I think this also, but I have no SP9 system to verify.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean "you receive an exception"?

an email? an express document in SBWP? a pop up window in SXMB_MONI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I receive a message in Message Monitoring Itself, but under the interface name it says "Exception".

Generally if a message is successfully delivered we get sender interface name and receiver interface names in this Interface Name field.

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a sync message ? when the first step is started the queue inbound and outbound are OK (SMQ1 and SMQ2)? Which type messages You are working for this scenarios?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

No This is an Async message. The sender side is right but since there is a problem with receiver side the message fails. I am cancelling this failed message in Message Monitoring and then receiving this exception message.

Thanks.

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wich type is the receiver side ? can you put the message sended to you hir?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following are the message details.

Time Stamp Type Description

2010-05-21 07:25:06 Information Using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2010-05-21 07:25:07 Information Message successfully put into the queue.

2010-05-21 07:25:07 Information The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2010-05-21 07:25:07 Information The message status was set to DLNG.

2010-05-21 07:25:07 Information The message was successfully delivered to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.

2010-05-21 07:25:07 Information The message status was set to DLVD.

Pasted below is the line from message monitoring.

End-to-End Information -

Status Successful

Start 21.05.2010 07:25:06

End 21.05.2010 07:25:07

Sender Party

Sender Component SystemB

Receiver Party

Receiver Component SystemA

Interface Exception

Message Format XI Message

Please, let know if anybody knows anything about this.