cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping UI Elements in WD4A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where in i have to display a error message if there is no data in a table, and if there is data i have to display that in a table both at same positions.

So, i need to have both the message area and Table UI element at the same position.How to handle this to overlapp the UI elements.

Thanks.

Hussain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can choose one more option.

1) Take two Transparent containers. In 1st, you add the Message Area and in 2nd you can add Table.

2) Create an attribute say VISIBLE of type WDUI_VISIBILITY and bind this attribute with the visibility of the 2nd Container.

3) Check in the WDDOMODIFYVIEW method that if your Table is empty, set the visibility of the attribute (Visible) to None.

Hope it willl helps you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hussain,

follow the steps..

1) change the VIew Layout as Matrix Layout

2) choose the firstone (which u want to display first) table or message set layout data option in properties as matrix header data.

3) for the second one set as Matrix data.

Hope this will resolve u r probelm.

thanks,

Madhukar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table UI elements has a property named as Empty Table Text, set this property with the message you want to display when table is empty. The message will be displayed inside table control.

Additionaly you can also set the property Display Empty Rows to be set to False.

Regards

Manas Dua

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

I am not sure if we can overlap UI element in WDA.

But if you want to display any message if you table has no data then you can do the following:

Table UI has a property "emptyTableText". Give the text message you want to print in the case your table has no data. This message will be displayed inside the table whenever your table is empty

Hope it helps.

Edited by: Arjun Thakur on May 20, 2010 4:25 PM