cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password self service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on AC 5.3, SP level 11. I am in the process of configuring password self service. My configuration is as follows:

• Authentication Source: SAP HR

• Select Service to Disable Verification: Password Self-Service

• Verification Fields: Info type 0002 (activated)

• Verification Data Source: Development client

• Default System: Development client

The problem I am sitting with is when I go to the password self service link it requires a username and password (i.e. authentication of HUME). How do I switch this off? I do not want to authenticate the users when they try resetting their passwords. I would like them to reset there passwords without end user authentication. Is this possible?

Please advise.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

Please go to CUP configuration -> Authentication. Here i believe you would have selected the authentication system as UME. Please check if you are able to disable the authentication required checkbox. If not, then user will always have to put in username and password for self service.

You can refer to SAP Note Note 1379468 - Password Self-Service and End User Verification.

As per this note, it is not possible to disable the password verification for users if you have authentication system as SAP UME. For authentication system UME and SAP the end user verification required cannot be unchecked and thus user will be forced to put usrename and password.

You can also refer to "SAP Note 1451616 - CUP- Password Self Service - requires password to be entered" for possible workaround.

Regards, Varun

Edited by: Thakur Varun on May 20, 2010 1:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. I read those noted earlier and was hoping for a better workaround

I changed the authentication system to LDAP (Active Directory) and switched off 'End User Verification Required'. I now type in the user ID on the password self service screen and select the logon button. I get the following error message: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Any idea why?

Regards.

Edited by: Muhammad01 on May 20, 2010 4:23 PM