cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session Timeour after 30 hourse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru,

I have a question about a timeout session.

I describe you our architecture:

we have a SAP Netweaver SR3 only j2ee engine, with add-on xMII installed on.

We followe the best proce of hig avaibility, with a 2 server Windows in cluster MSCN,

in one node of cluster there is a Central Istance, in the secon node ther is the dialog istance.

Message server is a resource of cluster with de database.

There is also a webdispatcher witch redirect to the application server SAP.

Our application must be work 24x7 in production line.

But after about 30 hourse, we obtain that the session expired and after we press F5 into Browser, we obtain the log in screen.

Is there any one that help us? I think there is some paramters into visual admin that we must change, but we don't know which..

best regards,

Davide BRUNO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But after about 30 hourse, we obtain that the session expired and after we press F5 into Browser, we obtain the log in screen.

Not cleared with your question ??

What is a reason of keeping the session open for 30 hours ?

By default in AS JAVA system session get expire after 15 to 30 min.

This concept is called as IDEAL session timeout.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Welcome to SDN!!

Our application must be work 24x7 in production line.

That is nice!!

Session expired never means that your system is not available

Its still 24*7 only.

its specific to user that his session is expire and its very important from security point of view, otherwise somebody else can use his portal , if its not expiring after certain time.

Additionally there are certain timeout parameters in SAP that can be set ..But we recommend you to set these parameters but not to infinity,what i feel is 30HOurs is more than enough

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to identify if the problem is happening to all users or any perticular users. Accordingly check if you have set any parameter for auto logut and that has duration as 30 hrs.