Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display AL11 Configure Button

former_member802307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i'm using SAP R3 4.0 (Ok it's a little bit préhistorical)

I'd like to modify directories displayed trouth AL11 but i don't have the configure Button.

I know that situation can be changed by modifying S_DATASET object . The problem is i don't khow how to do it.

Can you take me a STEP BY STEP procedure to make this change.

Thanks in advance

Mercuryx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your fist step would be check the SU24 entries for AL11.

Unfortunately I do not have access to R/3 4.0 system muself, so I can only explain the setup as per ECC 6.0..

The configuration for AL11 can be done by giving access to ACTVT 01 for object S_RZL_ADM. (S_ADMI_FCD value ST0R also needed)

S_DATASET would be needed to view the files available in the configured directories.

(eg. S_DATASET - ACTVT 33, PROGRAM RSWATCH0, FILENAME /ixos/temp.tx)

Regards,

Sanju

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your fist step would be check the SU24 entries for AL11.

Unfortunately I do not have access to R/3 4.0 system muself, so I can only explain the setup as per ECC 6.0..

The configuration for AL11 can be done by giving access to ACTVT 01 for object S_RZL_ADM. (S_ADMI_FCD value ST0R also needed)

S_DATASET would be needed to view the files available in the configured directories.

(eg. S_DATASET - ACTVT 33, PROGRAM RSWATCH0, FILENAME /ixos/temp.tx)

Regards,

Sanju

0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess there is no SU24 in version 4.0. As far as I remeber SAP introduced roles in later version.

You need to find a profile which correspond to your role and modify it in SU02. If I am wrong and you use roles in your system then replace transaction SU02 by PFCG. You can find more info in SAP documentation.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi,

@ Sanju : Thank you for your answer.

however, the problem is still not solved. I've added the S_RZL_ADM with value ST0R tu tha TCODE AL11 in SU24.

Can you give me a STEP BY STEP solution to set ACTVT to 01. i haven't foud it in SU24.

@ Martin : Thank you for your answer.

As you can reed above, the SU24 TCODE is present in 4.0 version.

i have found S_DATASET with * value and added it to my user profile. ==> is this action wrong?

==> RESULT : Configure button still invisible.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Mercuryx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Seems that Sanju has requested you to update SU24 values for transaction AL11 to include objects S_RZL_ADM & S_ADMI_FCD(Make it check maintained (CM)).

Double click on object S_RZL_ADM and maintain the value of field ACTVT as "01" it will prompt you to craete a transport request(TR) or include in some existing TR.

Once done move back double click on object S_ADMI_FCD and maintain the value for it's field S_ADMI_FCD as "ST0R". Save it in the same transport request.

Now go to profile generator(PFCG) and regenrate the role with transaction AL11 to include the new objects S_RZL_ADM & S_ADMI_FCD with the values maintained in trxn SU24 and generate the role.

Run user comparision and request the user to log out and log back in before executing the transaction AL11.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

Hi,

@anjanpandey: Thank you very much for this answer.

there is only one thing i have not be able to do : The USER COMPARISON (What does it means?).

Regards,

Mercuryx

0 Kudos

> there is only one thing i have not be able to do : The USER COMPARISON (What does it means?).

Go to transaction PFCG --> Enter the role name --> click on display or change --> Go to user tab --> Click on user compare --> Click on complete compare.

Doing user comparision ensure that authrization of a role gets added to the user's buffer to whom the role is assigned.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

Hi,

there is tab "User" with list of users assigned to the role in PFCG. There is a button "User comparison" to run user comparison.

I just have one question for you. I checked SU24 for AL11 in our ECC6 system and the activity 01 is still not there as proposed value. My question is why you want to add it to SU24. I am not sure if you understand that you can add that value directly in PFCG, it does not have to be in SU24.

Cheers

0 Kudos

@ anjanpandey: Than you for your answer.

There is something a bit strange. When i go on PFCG and i tape * and i press F4, there is only one activity group existing in our system. And when i'm going on users tab, My user is not listed!!!

is it normal?

@ Martin: to be honest, i think i don't understand much things about SAP administration process . That's why i've been asking for step by step procedure. So if you say that it can be updated directly on PFCG; it must be true.

Now i think i have to have an answer about question i've asked ananpandey just above. after that i'd be more able to understand this issue

regards

Mercuryx

0 Kudos

What a strange thread...

Perhaps you want to consider some training on the SAP administration process? It would make your life easier than trial&error.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> @ anjanpandey: Than you for your answer.

> There is something a bit strange. When i go on PFCG and i tape * and i press F4, there is only one activity group existing in our system. And when i'm going on users tab, My user is not listed!!!

> is it normal?

Might be authrisations in your systems are controlled through profiles and not roles. Please go to trxn SU01 --> enter your username --> Profiles tab --> Check if any profile is assigned to you

I would recommend you to go through some security documents/training to unerstand the concept of security and its working before you start handling it.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

@ Julius Bussche: Thank you for your answer.

Very good idea. I'm ready to have any training. i think you have undestand that i'm not administrator. I'm developer. But i'm ready for any other knowledg.

otherwise, the company where i'm working is not very motivated for spend money for Employee Training. What a pity.

In all cases, thank you for suggestion

Regards

Mercuryx

0 Kudos

@ anjanpandey: Thank you for your answer.

As i've just said (thread above). I'm not administrator. I'm developer.

I have to resolve this authorisation problem to be able to see some specific directories on AL11. And...There is no permanent SAP system administrator.

About your suggestion, i'm ready for any knowledg as i've said. Could you recommend me any documentation?

Regards,

Mercuryx

0 Kudos

Hi

There are many Security documents avaliable. ADM940, ADM950 & ADM960 are provided by SAP. If you go to Google and search "SAP R3 Security Guide" you will get few of them.

Here is one of the link which might be useful to you.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0ba6918-cf48-2a10-0792-be494d7e3...

http://web.mit.edu/its-alive/sap-docs/R3-SecGuide-Vol3.pdf

Thanks.

Anjan

Edited by: anjanpandey on May 21, 2010 11:55 AM

0 Kudos

@ anjanpandey: Thank you for your answer.

I'll try to read that documetation.

It seems that configuration button don't exist on 4.0 version.

This thread is closed

Regards

Mercuryx

Edited by: mercuryx on Jun 15, 2010 9:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The User won't come in the User tab unless and untill you assign the activity group( role) to the user. You can assign the role to the user in SU01.

Once that is correctly done , you can find the user in the Users tab of that role in pfcg.

User Comparison holds its meaning only in the case when the role is assigned to someone so that any changes done in the role get refelected in the profiles of the users to which that role is assigned

Regards,

Manisha

Edited by: Manisha Nadir on May 21, 2010 2:46 PM

former_member802307
Participant
0 Kudos

CLOSED BUT NOT UNSWERED

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Run transaction AL11_OLD.

Somewhere SAP replace the AL11 with a new transaction and renamed old AL11 with AL11_OLD

edit

did not realise that the threadstarters SAP system was on 4.0..... Never mind the post then!

Regards freppe

Edited by: freppe on Jun 15, 2010 12:40 PM