cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am performing upgrade of solution manager 7.0 SPS 17--> 7.0 EHP1 SPS 23 with db MSSQL 2005 on win2k3 server. After doing kernel upgrade I can see the sapcpe.exe service in red in SAP MMC and thus both the boxes are showing red but I can login into SAP server and it is showing the previous kernel only in the status. I also checked note 684106 which asks to update vcredist_x64.exe for 7.01/7.10 but the problem is I have one more SAP server release 7.0 on the same server which could create problem if I update the dll as per note 684106. Please suggest if I run the vcredist_x64.exe, will it effect my 7.0 release SAP.

Regards,

Mridul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The dll's are compatible with 700 also OK to install them

Note 1375494 describes the problem.

It requires security patch MS09-035 as described in the note 684106

regards,

John Feely

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mridul,

You can go ahead . Please update vcredist_x64.exe , it will not affect the other installation . As per note 684106 , this DLL is compatible with SAP Releases 4.6D EX2, 6.40 EX2, 7.01, 7.10 and subsequent releases . Just note the known problems in the Note 684106 .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mridul,

You mean to say that you are hosting 2 different SAP systems on single host. Well in this case you can take the whole system backup... and try to replace the file in question.. If it works with ok... else.. restore it... Atleast you will be clear about this. !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the quick response, but how do I know which all files it will change or add in the OS. As per http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA&displa... it says This package installs runtime components of C Runtime (CRT), Standard C++, ATL, MFC, OpenMP and MSDIA libraries but do not specify precisely which dll or files and as far as whole system backup s concerned I cannot do it as there are other SAP servers and services running.

Regards,

Mridul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mridual,

Go ahead and apply the files in question from Microsoft and also patch it to as per SAPnote "1375494" on the safe side I would like you to pls take the full system back up... so that you can come to old state if something goes wrong... Is it your PROD system ?