Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_Program object not active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am using SAP 4.6C version of SAP and I received a request from business to add S_Program object in one role.

Using PFCG I have added S_Program in required role on DEV system and then transport to QAS system. Import was successful but when I go to PFCG in QAS system role shows S_Program as inactive.

I have checked other roles also perform testing by adding this object in test role and import to QAS but test role shows S_Program as active.

I have checked S_Program in SU03 and it is active for this role also it is active on QAS system.

Could any one please help me on this issue as what may be the reason for inactive S_Program object on QAS system?

Thanks in advance

Kedar G Kulkarni

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

Is the object inactive in the role which you have updated? If yes then please check the role in development whether the object is active or not in the role.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

HI,

The role on QAS system showing S_Program as inactive and same role on DEV system shows S_Program object as active.

Thanks

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the transports properly done? May be what you are seeing in QAS is not the updated version of the role.

Regards,

Manisha Nadir

0 Kudos

HI Manisha,

Transport is successful, still the object in role is inactive.

Also I have performed testing by creating test role on DEV then add S_Program in it and transport to QAS, test role shows S_Program as active on QAS.

Thanks

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

Please try transporting the role again without making any changes to the role and check if this works.

Thanks.

Anjan

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you searched for OSS notes? For example the note 535554 describes same problem as you can see. It's valid for 4.6C but it's an old note. So if you patch regularly then it should be already patched in your system. But there might be other OSS notes.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

You can also check the change documents for the role in SUIM in QAS and see if you can get something from there.

Regards,

Manisha