Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Error in Transfer for Direct Procurment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are running SRM 550 and are at SP15.

We need to get SRM to order Direct Materials for a storage location in our ECC system.

So far all the config has been done, materials transferred, storage locations defined in Org structure extended attributes.

Problem is when I create a PO from a SC for direct materials I get an Error in Transfer and the error in RZ20 says that the account assignment is not valid for the ECC PO doc type.

This all used to work in 2008 when we went live wih SRM but direct procurment was switched off because the business did not need it.

In PPB_PD for the PO there is no account assignment data so I think this is where I have a problem.

I must be missing some small piece of config somewhere that provides the account assignment GL for direct procurment but I can't find it.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Allen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iss ue solved by activating the BADI Thanks for all your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathew,

You know I knew this but had forgotton, and could not find anything is SAP help docs about it.

I think I only need the entry for STR but does the GL account need to be the one for a store as we have 8 stores, or is it the case that as long as there is an entry for * & STR in DET_ACCOUNT any GL account number will do and the backend will get the correct GL Balance sheet account during Confirmation?

Muthu,

thanks for your suggestion Val classes for materials are all OK as ordering is proceeding using ME21N in bacxkend system for these materials.

I think Mathew may have the answer.

Thanks to All

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

No, there's not much information on this

There is a BADI BBP_DTERMINE_ACCT where you could determine this but I think it is not important. All system is looking for is a G/L account and Account Assignment category and it will then be happy.

Because it is Direct Material, this will be ignored in the next step.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check accounting view of that material master

valuation class vs GL account settings in ECC since valuation classes are mapped to GL account w.r.t material type

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Please create wildcard entries for AccAssCat in IMG table

V_BBP_DET_ACCT, details see encl. file V_BBP_DET_ACCT.DOC

The issue is that even for subtype DP Direct Procurement Account

Assignment Category must exist, otherwise PO cannot be transferred

Accounting is going to be eliminiated one step later after ordering,

in background task, not visible to the user. Please realize!

I have uploaded V_BBP_DET_ACCT.DOC to SAPMATS, click on the following link.

Link: [https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=LL0BCK4LD9DE7XZOG9M7WGGNG11AWE43UCBMUW1T05TKD1IOK2]

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew