cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.01 Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In order to use NWBC 3.0 I was wondering if I am able to upgrade my NW 7.01 to NetWeaver 7.2 CE.

NWBC 3.0 is only supported with the NetWeaver 7.2 or 7.02 but I don't know if that means NetWeaver 7.2 CE...and if

I could upgrade from NW 7.01 to 7.2 CE.

Thanks in advance

Pau

Pts rwd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pau,

You do not need Netweaver 7.2 CE for using NWBC 3.0. You just need netweaver 7.02.

You simply need to apply enhancement package 2 on your existing 7.01 system to make it 7.02.

Please refer to installation guides on service marketplace, there you can see the EHP2 installation guides.

Also, see SAP Note 900000 - Netweaver Business Client - FAQ. This will give you all the details required.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij,

EHP2 for NW 7.01 is not released yet, right?

Thanks!

Pau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pau,

SAP has already relased SAP NW CE 7.2, I build a SAP CE machine which was based on 710 Ehp1 so we call as NWCE711. SAP has not yet released EhP2 701.

BTW, you can read more about NW CE 7.2 at /people/viliana.encheva/blog/2010/05/19/sap-netweaver-composition-environment-72-generally-available-now

Hope its helpful for you.. !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You mean I could go from NW 7.01 to NW 7.2 CE

It is possible to do it by just installing NetWeaver 7.2 CE ?

Thanks in advance.

Pau

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Why you are confused

Check Note 1029940 - NetWeaver Business Client requirements and restrictions

NWBC v3.0 SAP NetWeaver 7.02 SP02  all

Also you can check this Note 900000 - Netweaver Business Client - FAQ

Where is the concept of NW 7.2 CE comes into picture.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pau,

It seems you are more interested in upgrading your NWCE 7.1 to 7.2 well its quite possible as the NWCE 7.2 is avaiable in market which was just happned in SAP Saphhire. According to them SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment is in unrestricted shipment from the 17th of May, 2010 onwards. After that I feel within 2-4 weeks you will be able to get Upgrade DVDs for the your current version. Well now it depends on you what you would like to go for... Wait for sometime... and upgrade it to NWCE720 or wait for EhP2 for your current version for NWCE, which is not there in market.

Hope it clears all your doubts.. If any pls revert!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for such a clear explanation.

Actually my only purpose is to run NWBC 3.0 but I am not able to do it with my NetWeaver 7.01 system. All the server configuration are already done.

When I am running NWBC 3.0 I get this error message:

'The following error text was processed in the system SID: The Netweaver Business Client for Desktop is only supported with the NetWeaver 7.02 or 7.20 and further releases.'

Summing up, My goal is to run NWBC 3.0, if I have to upgrade from NW 7.01 to NW CE 7.2 and I can do it I will do it.

This is my doubt.

Thanks so much for all replies.

Pau