SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official document number for European Utility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working for European Utility ,Here I have to configure ODN functionality so that all Invoice have this number.As i am new in ISU.Need ur inputs in configs.

Many thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In some europe countries,it is legal mandate to have ODN number that has to be chronological by posting date and consecutive without any gaps.

To activate it you have to do following configs.

Activate the use of official document numbers, by setting the corresponding indicator in the activity.

Financial Accounting ->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable ->Basic Function->Posting and Documents->Basic Settings->Maintain central setting for posting.

Specify which document types the system is to assign official document numbers to, in the activity

Financial Accounting ->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable ->Basic Function->Posting and Documents->Documents->Official document number

Assign document number rang to the different document type under.

Financial Accounting ->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable ->Basic Function->Posting and Documents->Documents-> Maintain Document assignments->Document Types->Maintain Document types and Assign Number ranges

There are three events for specifying the official document number,1190,1191,1192.

Hope this helps.