cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Key mapping values be transferred to SAP data warehousing systems?

former_member201987
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a query regarding sending data from SAP MDM to datawarehousing systems for analytics & report generation.

If a material from lets say 3 remote systems is merged into a single record, it would have 3 entries in its Key mapping.

Now I want to send such records to a data warehousing system like BI or BW where I can run reports on these records for analysis based on the Material numbers (Remote keys).

Now the query is that when I syndicate records to BI or BW are these remote keys transferred along with the MDM records so that we can identify that a record from MDM refers to the 3 materials from different remote systems.

Thanks in advance,

~ Suraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

yes, this can be done. If you have a look at the predefined SAP Business Content for Materials, you'll find a syndication map for the BI system that basically uses the MDM Internal ID as group ID and the local IDs of each material for distribution to BI.

For details, please refer to [SAP Note 1355137|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1355137].

Best regards

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

This can be done.In syndicator when you select that remote system in destination properties and in map properties when you select Suppress Records without Key then it should syndicate all the keys for that merged record irrespective of the Default key.

Please refr to following thread on similar topic-

Thanks

Ravi